Lexus NX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have difficulty seeing the various icons on the wheel or dash as they are small and drawn in a pale gray (rather than stark white). Has anyone else had this problem and found a fix or workaround? Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new NX.
While I understand your problem I find it a non issue because I try to learn the vehicle while stopped. If I don't know something then I don't use it until later. Some of the icons could be clearer and I have not looked at what is behind the switches to make them brighter. This comes form riding a BMW K1600 motorcycle that has a wonder wheel to control various functions. It is very easy to get lost in the new technology of new vehicles and get distracted by switch placement. On any vehicle switches could be placed in better positions.
I am not a real fan of the touch pad but it is better then some other solutions, One of the best is the joy stick on the RX450h.
Take your time and you will learn the vehicle.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have difficulty seeing the various icons on the wheel or dash as they are small and drawn in a pale gray (rather than stark white). Has anyone else had this problem and found a fix or workaround? Thanks

I'm not sure which ICONs you're referring too but some of the ICONs in the menu area are grayed out while driving. If you're stopped the ICON's are bright and you can change the settings, once you start driving they are grayed out and the settings can no longer be changed.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Seems like there should be a way to at least make the icons larger for people who don't have as great vision (which could include passengers since you need a minimally good quality of vision to have a license.)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I don't think I've ever heard of an infotainment system where you can change the icon size.
Adjustments like that are bound to happen though especially as more and more things get moved to being accessed through the infotainment system.

You just have to look at it as a PC... which is becoming more and more like.

·
Registered
246 Posts
With Apple and Android coming into the automotive industry its bound to happen, after all that is along the lines of the sort of thing you'd experience from one of their operating systems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.