Lexus NX Forum banner

Seat heaters

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  TheLex 
#1 ·
Today was the first day that I have driven the NX under 40f. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the seat heaters get hotter with colder outside temperatures. When I have tried them before I thought that they were not as hot as the BMW and RX heaters were.

#3 ·
Yes the seats have 3 settings but there must be another setting that is controlled by the outside temperature. This morning in the 30s the seats were much hotter then they are now in the 50s. It will be interesting to see if the settings change more as it gets even colder.

#6 ·
I wonder if the heater adjusts to its intensity in order to attain a certain temperature. For example, setting 1 is always a certain temperature for the seat, but when its really cold to begin with, the heater turns on higher to more quickly heat up the seat to the corresponding temperature.

#7 ·
The passenger seat is hotter then the Drivers seat most of the time but mine is getting hotter with use. My original assumptions may be wrong and the wires may just need to be burned in to achieve a hot setting. The seat is getting hotter the more that it is used. It still is not as hot as the passenger seat or the BMWs that I have had for the last 4 years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.