Lexus NX Forum banner

Satellite Audio, Anyone?

5547 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Kennedy
I am curious whethers new owners of NX intend to subscribe after the trial period is over? Are there owners who are current subscribers?

I never subscribed when I had my RX but I considering doing so when free trial expires.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
SAT Radio

Yes I did already, nice to have on long tripsà
Are you past the trial period already? I was under the impression that you took possession of the vehicle just a few weeks ago.
trial period

No but they called and offer me $3.33 a month for 3 months after the trial period is over. Trial period is 3 months here in Canada
With my previous Acura MDX 2014 we got to negociate a deal of $60 per year, They would offer it when you told them that it was too much at the normal rate.
Yearly rate now in Canada is $150
No but they called and offer me $3.33 a month for 3 months after the trial period is over. Trial period is 3 months here in Canaqda
I have not received a call from them yet. Perhaps they called but I don't usually pickup 800 numbers. $3.33 a month is not bad but only for three months though. How much after that?
Our 3 month trial just expired and I didn't renew. Basically because I don't spend that much time in the car and there aren't many stations I care for to pay for radio.

Beware, 2 weeks before my trial ended, Sirius called my home everyday and even left voicemail on my cell phone. I knew I didn't want to renew so I didn't answer, but then ended up having to block their number. What a pain in the axx they are. That was enough not to renew.
They did not give me a price after the 3 months at $3.33 a month, will wait and see
Twicw a year we go from Quebec to Texas and it is nice to listen to station you enjoy

Had XM for the last 4 years and really enjoy it, but would not pay more than $5.00 a month for it

By the way my music on USB stick is not recognised by by NX system, so I use bluetooth from iPhone
What music format is it in your USB?
Bluetooth is great. When my sales advisor used it to test the audio, he could not believe how good it sounded. I could not believe either that my iphone music could sound amazing.

Back to satellite radio...I remember when I had my RX, Ireceived an offer from them for a lifetime subcription for about $600 if I remember correctly. I declined but I thought that was a good offer, although I was not sure whether that was trasferrabke if you changed car.

Anyway, I don't think I will subscribe after the free trial expires unless it is for less than $5.00 per month.
We pay $45 per quarter for Sirius and had our subscription transferred over to the NX.

Enjoying the three months free break at the moment.
I use the USB most of the times but a few days ago I noticed my Sirius is gone. Just closed 5 months of ownership.
The strange fact here is that I owned Venza before and I had the Sirius for 3 years (no subscription)?!
Regarding the USB compatibility, I also have been noticing some funny behaviour from one of the sticks I have. What I found is that the 64GB is not working every time (I have to unplug and plug again). The 4GB stick I have is working perfectly - never had a single problem.
i heard if you sign up for a year and then tell them you're going to cancel sometime later they will offer you another year for like 10$. YMMV....
i heard if you sign up for a year and then tell them you're going to cancel sometime later they will offer you another year for like 10$. YMMV....
That sounds possible, it is a service they want people to subscribe to, which that helps to encourage whether that be after the free term and/or that person telling others about their positive experince.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.