Lexus NX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious whethers new owners of NX intend to subscribe after the trial period is over? Are there owners who are current subscribers?

I never subscribed when I had my RX but I considering doing so when free trial expires.

·
Registered
25 Posts
SAT Radio

Yes I did already, nice to have on long tripsà

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you past the trial period already? I was under the impression that you took possession of the vehicle just a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
25 Posts
trial period

No but they called and offer me $3.33 a month for 3 months after the trial period is over. Trial period is 3 months here in Canada

·
Registered
25 Posts
With my previous Acura MDX 2014 we got to negociate a deal of $60 per year, They would offer it when you told them that it was too much at the normal rate.
Yearly rate now in Canada is $150

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No but they called and offer me $3.33 a month for 3 months after the trial period is over. Trial period is 3 months here in Canaqda
I have not received a call from them yet. Perhaps they called but I don't usually pickup 800 numbers. $3.33 a month is not bad but only for three months though. How much after that?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Our 3 month trial just expired and I didn't renew. Basically because I don't spend that much time in the car and there aren't many stations I care for to pay for radio.

Beware, 2 weeks before my trial ended, Sirius called my home everyday and even left voicemail on my cell phone. I knew I didn't want to renew so I didn't answer, but then ended up having to block their number. What a pain in the axx they are. That was enough not to renew.

·
Registered
25 Posts
They did not give me a price after the 3 months at $3.33 a month, will wait and see
Twicw a year we go from Quebec to Texas and it is nice to listen to station you enjoy

Had XM for the last 4 years and really enjoy it, but would not pay more than $5.00 a month for it

By the way my music on USB stick is not recognised by by NX system, so I use bluetooth from iPhone

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
What music format is it in your USB?
Bluetooth is great. When my sales advisor used it to test the audio, he could not believe how good it sounded. I could not believe either that my iphone music could sound amazing.

Back to satellite radio...I remember when I had my RX, Ireceived an offer from them for a lifetime subcription for about $600 if I remember correctly. I declined but I thought that was a good offer, although I was not sure whether that was trasferrabke if you changed car.

Anyway, I don't think I will subscribe after the free trial expires unless it is for less than $5.00 per month.

·
Registered
17 Posts
We pay $45 per quarter for Sirius and had our subscription transferred over to the NX.

Enjoying the three months free break at the moment.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use the USB most of the times but a few days ago I noticed my Sirius is gone. Just closed 5 months of ownership.
The strange fact here is that I owned Venza before and I had the Sirius for 3 years (no subscription)?!
Regarding the USB compatibility, I also have been noticing some funny behaviour from one of the sticks I have. What I found is that the 64GB is not working every time (I have to unplug and plug again). The 4GB stick I have is working perfectly - never had a single problem.

·
Registered
520 Posts
i heard if you sign up for a year and then tell them you're going to cancel sometime later they will offer you another year for like 10$. YMMV....

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
i heard if you sign up for a year and then tell them you're going to cancel sometime later they will offer you another year for like 10$. YMMV....
That sounds possible, it is a service they want people to subscribe to, which that helps to encourage whether that be after the free term and/or that person telling others about their positive experince.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts