Lexus NX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reviews are starting to come in on the 2015 Lexus NX, and here I have a bit of a summary of what they thought of the newest Lexus on the block. Road & Track breaks it down into 5 main points.

1. It's essentially a RAV4 with serious suspension implants. There is additional stiffening braces across the width of the frame, but it also is about 500 lbs heavier than the Toyota RAV4.

2. The new turbo four is tech-savvy, but it's no fire-breather. It's got 235 hp from its turbocharged four-cylinder that generates 258 lb-ft of torque.

3. This is F Sport "Lite". It's missing the "Sport Plus" drive setting.

4. One cool interior detail, and one that's lame. The cool one is the F Sport package's sport seats, which are formed by injecting liquid foam into their skins instead of wrapping the hides around the foam. That is meant to get rid of those hard spots you commonly find on sport-seat bolsters from tightly-stretched leather. The lame detail is the ASC dial (Active Sound Control), which makes fake engine noises.

5. To appeal to the kids, Lexus has banished the wood. It's not even there as an option.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-rev...-lexus-nx-200t-and-nx-200t-fsport-first-drive

·
Registered
520 Posts
To appeal to the kids they banished the wood eh. So lets alienate the core clientele some more shall we? (I'm not, just saying) Theres no reason Silvia and Bernie wouldn't be interesting in dropping their boat of an ES for something smaller and cheaper as they head into their golden years...

Besides that fact that who says "the kids" Don't want wood trim? I certainly do... Now what am I left with fake carbon, or is it real? OUUU weight reduction?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts