Lexus NX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From various pics, these are my notes:

1. Memory seat is available on F-sport packages...and on 300h.

2. F-Sport package is for NX 200t, probably not available on 300h.

3. Mark Levinson audio is DEFINITELY available, seen in one of 300h pics...but again, not sure if this will apply to US market.

These are what i care about...probably aiming for 300h with ML audio etc..

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Looking at the engine bay, sometimes i think they should just put one big engine cover over it all to make it look better and maybe have flaps for the crankcase, coolant, etc

·
Banned
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking at the engine bay, sometimes i think they should just put one big engine cover over it all to make it look better and maybe have flaps for the crankcase, coolant, etc

You have people from both camps...some want big cover, other want to see everything (thus, easier to work on).

I am OK either way. It seems that a big cover may help with decreasing engine noise.

·
Registered
240 Posts
im actually surprised that there isnt a huge cover over everything as usual

its not a bad thing

i kind of like to be able to check my fluids without having to remove covers.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
You have people from both camps...some want big cover, other want to see everything (thus, easier to work on).

I am OK either way. It seems that a big cover may help with decreasing engine noise.
How I see it, the engine doesn't look that appealing. It's only worth it to leave it all this exposed when it's a performance model or something with a nice looking high output engine.

Plus it doesn't have to be much of an issue for tech's as they are easy to take off, some screws and clips and it lifts right off.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
In real life it looks even more epic, now we need to see what it looks like next to typical every day cars, which will be quite interesting.

·
Registered
520 Posts
well considering probably 100% of all NX owners won't ever look under the hood I think its a relatively insignificant complaint. Big covers become a PITA for techs too, they work flat rate, meaning every second counts and if they have to fiddle with an engine cover to get at the spark plugs its a time suck and completely unnecessary just to satisfy a couple of "the engine is ugly comments". This just in, all engines are ugly. You may think some are pretty from an anorak standpoint, but they're all just hunks of metal with holes in them...

·
Banned
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well considering probably 100% of all NX owners won't ever look under the hood I think its a relatively insignificant complaint. Big covers become a PITA for techs too, they work flat rate, meaning every second counts and if they have to fiddle with an engine cover to get at the spark plugs its a time suck and completely unnecessary just to satisfy a couple of "the engine is ugly comments". This just in, all engines are ugly. You may think some are pretty from an anorak standpoint, but they're all just hunks of metal with holes in them...
But if the cover helps quell engine noise, then I am all for it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
im guessing the engine is quiet? or hoping?

because if the NX has more engine noise than the RX just because of this reason.. that would suck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts