Lexus NX Forum banner

nx200t vibration

38K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  samo0o 
#1 ·
Hi
I just got 2015 nx200t f package but when i do accelerate between.45 to 65...it start to vibrating under the seat,,anybody has same problems?

#7 ·
vibrations

none on my non Fsport NX
Only done 200KL since picking up yesterday, only problem is that I cannot turn on my HDI

Tried many combinations on the switches HID, Display, Intensity but no go, will call dealer next week

Great NX, and not missing my Mercedes C350 4Matic

#12 ·
i have the 300 h and ive been experiencing this vibration in acceleration and deceleration and also an even worse jerking when i am going faster and have to slow down. it's very scary and i'm scared someone might hit me from the back when it happens

first dealer said they felt it and then went back and said oops we were talking about another car. lexus corp told me to bring it to another dealer and it is there now.

glad your dealer admited it was there and doesn't know how to fix it although their solution is unacceptable. this dealer (the first one) just lied about it.

will update when i hear back but i think i have a lemon.

#21 ·
I bought my 2015 NX in July and have been to the dealer twice about a slight, but constant and annoying vibration, once you go over 60-65 MPH.

They are still looking into in, and I even spoke to Lexus Head Office representative yesterday, informing them that they will need to give me another model vehicle and take this back (if they can't resolve) - as I cannot drive on the highway to work everyday with this annoyance. This is my 3rd Lexus, and have never had issues with the Lexus IS before.

Thanks
Everton

#23 · (Edited)
I got my car last month (aug 18) from Keres Lexus of Valencia and have been back to dealer twice about the same slight vibration issue.Once I pass over 65-70MPH there is some vibration on a steering wheel and under driver seat that you can feel. First time I took back to same dealer from who I purchased the car and they confirmed that car vibrates and they told me its wheel balance problem.Got my car back next day and immediately I notice the same vibration but this time mostly from back of the car. I checked other Lexus dealers in my area to see who got Road Force balance and found Lexus of Woodland.I went there explain them problem and they said they gonna do balance again. After couple hours they called me and told that all tires where out of balance. I still cant understand what the other dealer done first time. I took a car to test and notice that most of the vibration gone but there is still some kind of vibration feeling but I believe that`s the way car is designed.I notice when car is on flat asphalt part of freeway I don`t feel any vibration but once you are on concert its there.I know this is annoying and I use to have IS250 and never have anything like this, so Im really interested to see what diagnose they will give for Everton`s car.

Armen

#24 ·
As far as vibration it looks like there are several issues.
Some people are talking about wheel or tire issues. These are normally easily repaired with nothing more than a proper balance. Some times it could be caused by a bent wheel.
Vibration or wiggle on concrete can be caused by the grooves that are cut in much of the roadway.
My NX just turned 1000 miles and already it is not as sensitive to the grooves.
Different tires can make a large difference in the way that a vehicle handles concrete grooves.
Coming from straight 6 BMWs there is more vibration with the 4 but not as much as expected.
I find that when I have a problem I then look for it even if it is no longer there.
With my last BMW it had a transmission problem from the day it was taken off the dealers lot. In this case I was told by the dealer that they knew that there was a problem. That they did not know how to repair it and that I would have to live with the problem.
I now have a NX instead and know that my dealer will treat me properly as I had bought vehicles from them before.
If your dealer is not properly repairing your vehicle take it to another Lexus dealer if possible or call Lexus corporate.

#25 ·
I was on a relatively long trip last 2 days and notice I still got vibration right around 75mph speed.I drove couple hundred miles continuously and was able to compare different roads. I still feel vibration even on flat asphalt at 75mph and its going away right after 80mph speed.I assume something wrong with this Yokohama Geolandar G91 tires. After 2 times Lexus dealer balanced it, its still not performing the way it should. I just sent an email to Lexus head quarter and will wait for response.Im starting to regret about this purchase.Instead enjoying the car I am spending more time to figure out how to fix this annoying problem.Yes, its really annoying when you drive couple hundred miles and your hands and butt keep shaking.Will see what would be Lexus advice.

Armen.

#26 · (Edited)
Armen
Some tire shops will rotate and balance tires for free to try and get you in their door. In Colorado we took a VW EOS into Discount Tire yesterday to have the tires rotated and balanced as well as have one patched. This was all done at no charge.
This maybe an option that could solve your vibration problems. Many times tire shops will do a better job of balancing tires then dealers just because they do so many.

#27 ·
iride4u, I completely agree with you, I believe some dealers don't even know how to use equipment properly. Todays new generation balance machines are not only balance, those can analyze tire and rim and give you all data. I don't mind balancing tires under my expense but I wanna make sure tires are not defective. I just got a call from Lexus head quarter and been told they cant help me with anything cause all warranty related issues should got true Lexus dealer and dealer should make a decision. Another thing I learned tires are not under Lexus warranty, those are tire manufacture warranty, so Lexus cant do anything for me even if dealer will find tires are defective. I will contact to dealer and let them balance tires one more time. If problem will not go away I may just buy a new set of tires and will keep originals for lease return. The Yokohama Geolandar G91 ratings on amazon.com is horrible, almost everybody complain how noise are those tires and how quick it worn out.

#32 ·
Just wanna post some updates about tire balance problem. I contacted to dealer and ask them to redo balance last time, and if problem will not go away Im buying new set of tires from Costco. Long story short, the vibration gone! nor more annoying vibration at freeway speed.Service manager told me that he went and checked balance himself and there was a little problem on 2 tires that he though I should not feel at all, but they fixed it. Im very happy now, finally I started enjoying my car. I believe suspension is stiff on this model any little imperfection on tires and wheels easily transfers to steering wheel.
Thanks.

Regards,
ArmenT

#35 ·
Lexus NX vibration

Hi,
Greetings to everyone !!!

i have also NX 2017 with the same vibration, first couple months the car was good then the vibration started, i can feel vibration under the seats from 40 KM/H and increasing with speed and it's very difficult to live with that, I complained many times to the dealer , first they deny that the car had any vibration, then and after raising the same complain 3 times, they told me you have to change tires, i changed it all from Yokohama to michelin and cost myself unnecessary money, but it doesn't help, i complained again to them, then they told me no one else has complained about the same issue , i raised the matter to the dealer management and after long-suffering, they told me the car is designed like that and if you feel any vibration inside we had nothing to do it for you.... actually it's the most worst car i drive ever, i bough new car and instead of enjoying, i suffered a lot, now i'm driving this car for more than one year and unable to bear anymore,

anyone can help with his previous experience with same vibration, and how he solved this problem ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.