Lexus NX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Owner since late December, NX 200t F Sport Series 2 (Canada).

Looking forward to participate in this forum.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
246 Posts
Another thing to note, seeing how you're in Canada i'll be looking forward to what you have to say about what driving one in winter is like.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another thing to note, seeing how you're in Canada i'll be looking forward to what you have to say about what driving one in winter is like.
I got the NX December 30th, in time for the harshest period of winter Jan + Feb so went through the first winter with it.

As with other Lexus AWD vehicles I've owned (IS, RX), no surprises with snow traction and ground clearance. Excellent overall and that's been with A/S tires.

However, I will point out there is a design flaw with the bottom door seal that allows an excessive amount of snow and dirt stuck onto the door bottom. As a fix, I've added an additional seal resulting in reduced snow and dirt accumulation.

Hey welcome to the boards! Have you posted pictures yet??
A few already in several posts. But here are some of Darth NX! >:D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Not bad at all, great solution.

Another thing you guys can do to remove it easily is stop by the local coin wash and use their power washer to spray it away, but of course you'll have to be careful how you use the pressure washer: angling it down and keeping the tip of the gun about a foot away from area being sprayed.

·
Registered
800 Posts
It is a little Darth Vader. Never noticed that before.

The snow and dirt and salt accumulation is unnerving. They should fix that for the next model year. Your fix seems cheap and effective though, though with a luxury vehicle like this you shouldn't have to do something like that.

·
Registered
246 Posts
It is a little Darth Vader. Never noticed that before.

The snow and dirt and salt accumulation is unnerving. They should fix that for the next model year. Your fix seems cheap and effective though, though with a luxury vehicle like this you shouldn't have to do something like that.
and you can be there will be those owners that won't take as much care and pride in their NX's as most of us here would, bound to be someone with a rusting door later in the future.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
If these cases are in strong enough numbers we should be seeing Lexus take action to resolve it.

But not being safety related, it could be a while.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts