Lexus NX Forum banner

New NX 450h+

10K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  kindofblue 
#1 · (Edited)
Just took delivery of '22 NX 450h+ Lux from Longo Lexus in SoCal. Exterior: Nori Green. Interior: Palomino (Tan)

Traded in my Rav4 Prime XSE for more than I paid for it 6 months ago!

So far, so good with the 450h+....initial impression on hour-plus SoCal freeway drive home from the dealer = NICE!!!! IMHO, with the PHEV hardware, the R4P rides much smoother than standard R4. The NX 450h+ takes it up another level: SMOOTH, QUIET, and COMFORTABLE! The resolution and speed on the infotainment screen is 'da bes! (same high res that is on the digital rearview mirror in the R4P, but now on the whole main screen.) Working on comparison info to post later.

Also started a FB group for NX 450h+...consider joining at this link: HERE.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Hood

Car Sky Land vehicle Vehicle Daytime

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I found a new 450 for sale in NJ - the dealer wanted $15,000 above MSRP market adjustment 🤬🤬🤬

On a wait list with a Ct dealer where we have a vacation home.

We live most of the year in Ga and the 450 isn’t being sold here 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

#4 ·
Just took delivery of '22 NX 450h+ Lux from Longo Lexus in SoCal. Exterior: Nori Green. Interior: Palomino (Tan)

Traded in my Rav4 Prime XSE for more than I paid for it 6 months ago!

So far, so good with the 450h+....initial impression on hour-plus SoCal freeway drive home from the dealer = NICE!!!! IMHO, with the PHEV hardware, the R4P rides much smoother than standard R4. The NX 450h+ takes it up another level: SMOOTH, QUIET, and COMFORTABLE! The resolution and speed on the infotainment screen is 'da bes! (same high res that is on the digital rearview mirror in the R4P, but now on the whole main screen.) Working on comparison info to post later.

Also started a FB group for NX 450h+...consider joining at this link: HERE.
Thanks AJ. I've asked to join your FB group and am awaiting your approval.

Also when you can would you please see what it can do 0-60 in EV only mode? I'd appreciate it. We're considering getting one.

#5 ·
What FB user name are you using to join the FB group?

Also, haven't spec'ed out on my own the times for 0-60 under EV, but my wonderful wife (who doesn't wait around for anyone at a traffic light) says the get-up-and-go of the 450h+ in EV mode is pretty awesome for her. She likes the quickness of the vehicle.

One of my big "cons" with the 450h+ is not having a spare. That being said, I absolutely LOVE my 450h+!!! Compared to the R4P XSE PP that we owned for 6 months and 3k miles there are a ton of benefits of having the 450h+. I've made extensive comparisons between the two vehicles within the two FB groups: "Official Lexus NX 450h+ Group" and "Official Toyota Rav4 Prime Group", search my posts.

One thing that calmed me a bit with the "no spare" thing - I invested in a temporary spare kit that gets thrown into the back of the NG for long-haul trips. Just did one from SoCal to Vegas - NG (the 450h+) was flawless and returned 37.8 MPG in ICE hybrid mode, driving at 80 mph speeds through 109 degree desert weather, with 4 adults and fully packed-in luggage.

#6 ·
Hi AJ,
Just back from a demo drive of the 450h+ in Santa Barbara and we were really unimpressed with its acceleration onto the 101 in EV only. The unstated dealer ad-ons ($10k ADM and 2.5k other add ons) and typical dealer push to buy what we were test driving us has led us to cross the Lexus off our list of consideration. So thanks for the invitation but I won't be joining your FB group.

#7 ·
Sorry to hear all that....we've been extremely happy with ours. Lucky you were able to even test drive one! Glad you got that chance. When in Auto Mode (where the ICE works with the electric motors) it's like a turbocharger....ah well. Best to you and your search, thanks for getting back to me.

Just had a thought in closing....one of my group members got tired of waiting on the 450h+ at his dealer and went with the 350h----that's been getting TONS of great press as to it's capabilities, both power-wise and hybrid range wise. Aloha for now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.