Lexus NX Forum banner

Lexus Quashes Rumors of Sub-NX Crossover

2220 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  mister
The NX is as small as it is going to get for now. Lexus Australia boss Sean Hanley stated, "At the moment we have no plans of anything sub-NX.”

Many competitors have created even smaller CUVs. There is the BMW X1, AUdi Q3 and Mercedes GLA.

Toyota will debut the C-HR Concept's production model soon. And that could later become a Lexus model.

Would you guys consider something smaller than the NX?

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/09/lexus-has-no-plans-for-sub-nx-crossover.html
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
I highly doubt I can do with anything smaller than the NX and not sure what something sub-NX will be like. Plus I have a feeling it might thin out their efforts to much, taking away from the NX. But it's probably them trying to target the Germans.
There seems to be a drive these days to come out with really compact cars but at some point they become too small for general use. The Lexus NX is a good size as is for a compact SUV.
Only reason why it is a conversation is because of other brands doing it. Those cars are very small. People are buying them, but I think that it might be a fad. I am feeling the crossover thing coming to a peak in the near future.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.