Lexus NX Forum banner

Lexus NX vs. Audi Q3 vs. Mercedes-Benz GLA

33K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  avocado 
#1 ·
Lexus NX

Estimated Base Price: $35,000

Transmission: 6-speed automatic with manual shifting mode, continuously variable automatic.

Engines: turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 16-valve 2.0-liter inline-4, 235 hp, 258 lb-ft; DOHC 16-valve Atkinson-cycle 2.5-liter inline-4, 154 hp, 152 lb-ft with permanent-magnet AC synchronous electric motor, 141-hp front-drive motor (199 lb-ft, est), 67-hp rear-drive motor (AWD only), 194-hp combined power rating, and 1.6-kWh nickel-metal hydride battery pack

Fuel Economy: 21-35/28-31 mpg city/highway

Dimensions: Wheelbase - 104.7 in; Length - 182.3 in; Width - 73.6 in; Height - 64.8 in

Features: Rear power seats, wireless charger in center console, touch pad interface, LED fog lamps, heads up display, dynamic cruise control, lane departure alert, blind spot monitor, panoramic view monitor, rear cross traffic alert.

Audi Q3

MSRP: $33,425

Transmission: Tiptronic

Engine: 2.0L Intercooled Turbo Premium Unleaded I-4, 200hp, 207 lb-ft

Fuel economy: 11.9 L/100km city, 8.4 L/100km highway

Dimensions: Wheelbase - 102.4 in, Length - 172.4 in, Width - 71.7 in, Height - 63 in

Standard Features: panoramic sunroof, xenon headlights with LED DRLs, and more check this link out for more details (its a bit hard for me to decipher the standard from the options) http://audiusanews.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=6F3C550E70E10D76F5F045E074146D66?&id=3652&mid=1

Mercedes-Benz GLA

MSRP: $33,300

Transmission: 7-speed DCT dual-clutch automatic

Engine: 2.0L turbo-4, 208 hp, 258 lb-ft

Fuel economy: No official numbers yet

Dimensions: Wheelbase - 106.3 in, Length - 173.9 in, Width - 79.6 in (including mirrors), Height - 60 in.

Selected Standard Features: ABS with Brake Assist, Collision Prevention Assist, Rain sensing windscreen wipers, speed-sensitive power steering.

Hopefully this gives everyone a breakdown of each vehicle. Feel free to add to or correct any info here. The standard equipment was hard to decipher, so please chime in on that if you have a more clear and simple source of information for everyone.

What makes you like the NX over these other competitors?

See less See more
#9 ·
BTW these are the Q3s standard equipment...

Q3 Standard Features
200 hp 2.0-liter TFSI® engine with six-speed Tiptronic® transmission
Panoramic sunroof with power retractable sunshade
Audi xenon plus front lighting with LED DRLs and taillights
Heated, 12-way power front seats
Leather seating surfaces
Audi advanced key
Standard 18-inch wheel
Bluetooth
iPod/Mp3 connectivity

#10 ·
Most cars nowadays have all the same tech, keyless start, Bluetooth, sirius/XM, ipod, steering wheel controls, voice command, LED's, backup camera, ABS/ESC..., the gap between luxury and regular car is closing.
That's why if the NX is too expensive, I plan on getting a 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0 T. (should be $22K or so).
I would love an NX just to piss people off by making them jealous>:D we'll see;)

#14 ·
I agree the GLA nav screen looks like it could fall off any second, and as much as I personally like wood interiors the GLA has taken it too far. The Q3 is just boring on the outside and does not have an expensive look to it. RDX lacks features but, it is nice looking.

The features that matter most to me such as power tilt/ telescoping wheel and heated and ventilated seats are not even available on the competition or you have to buy the most expensive package to get those features. I believe Lexus has it right. You can not beat Lexus for reliability either. As soon as my local dealer gets one of the NX's I will be down there scoping it out.

#15 ·
The GLA radio cluster looks to busy and bulky. The Q3 looks like a scaled down Q5. To be fair, if I were looking for a SUV about 173 inches long, I would take a hard look at these two. 40 grand for a loaded Q3 is good. I'm fearing a fairly well equipped 300h is going to run 50 grand. I base this on the reviewers saying the NX's competition is the GLK, Q5 and X3 and the different option packages Lexus has stated. I would be very happy if the 200t started life at 35 grand, but my gut feeling is no. Lexus, please surprise me - I take no joy in being right.

I've been pretty happy with the reliability of my 2004 RX, none of the maintenance woes that have been told to me regarding German cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.