Lexus NX Forum banner

Lexus NX Platform

7K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  Thai 
#1 ·
Interesting bit of Trivia for you. What platform is under the NX?

RAV4 or CT200?

Easy right, its the RAV4 we all know that dummy ;)

WRONG.

Both answers are correct, turns out the platform itself is a hybrid, they basically hurled a CT and RAV4 at each other and used the remainder for the NX platform ;)

Both the turbocharged and hybrid models will be offered in front- or all-wheel drive. The NX, which goes on sale this fall, is derived from the Lexus CT platform with some Toyota RAV4 underpinnings.

#2 ·
That may not be something I am proud of. CT is based on Prius platform with IRS and some Yamaha extra bling. And my Prius (and to a slightly lesser extent CT) is **** noisy and unrefined! Not something I want to hear in a potentially $45k vehicle!

#15 ·
ahh ok

wow they reuse platforms like crazy..
Toyota only has a few platforms where everything arise from.

Camry platform: Avalon, Highlander (thus, Lexus RX), Venza, Sienna.

Corolla: Prius (thus, lexus CT), RAV4 (thus, NX).

4runner: Lexus GX, Sequoia

Land Cruiser: Lexus LX

Lexus IS and GS are alike i believe...at least, the current models...but this i am NOT sure about. Both are RWD platforms.

Lexus LS is its own platform i believe. RWD platform.

The last two (IS/GS, LS) are what makes Lexus superior to Acura in my opinion....

#19 ·
Exactly...and that is why i was disappointed with the associations with CT and RAV4. Granted, Lexus could surprise me...and i am hoping that.

My brother has a CT200h (2014)...and while nicer than my Prius, i am not sure that i would really call it a true Lexus vehicle in terms of luxury and ride. If that is what NX is, then i will pass on it. I am an old 39 year old...i need a luxurious ride for my bottom! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.