Lexus NX Forum banner

Lexus NX future year model improvements

25K views 40 replies 15 participants last post by  DampDuffer 
#1 ·
For future year models, what would you guys like Lexus to do or not do and how soon?

#15 ·
For 2016, Heads Up Display and Panoramic View Camera (on US models) as shown when NX model was first introduced. Also, pedestrian detection and fore/aft adjustable head rests.
Eventually gesture controls might be the next level of tech Lexus offers seeing how it's being implemented elsewhere in the industry, plus it seems like a very Lexus thing to do.

#17 ·
Agree with ClaudeNX on the cheap creaking mirror housing. @mojo : An F would be nice but the NX would have to move to a rear-drive platform.

Other areas of improvement/wish list:

ML
360 view camera
Panoramic sunroof
Power folding mirrors
Reduced turbo/powertrain lag
Reduce premium fuel requirement to 87 octane
Ability to lock door without fob while rear hatch is closing
Eliminate rough idle at 750-800 rpm when engine is cold
Reduce snow accumulation in door bottoms
Rear seat latch release in trunk
Ventilated seats in F Sport model
Rear vent controls
Bigger sunglass cubby
Less aggressive bottom seat bolstering on F Sport

#18 ·
I think a number of those things are likely to happen. Some may be left out though to keep for higher end models.

Things that should definitely change are the snow accumulation, panoramic sunroof, and the sunglasses cubby.

Things that would be nice are the 360 degree camera (though I think this would be in a tech package), power folding mirrors, ventilated seats in the F-Sport model.

Other stuff I am not sure about about one way or the other.

#22 ·
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you as it is just a matter of preference, but I think if you were to try a HUD for a period of time, you would find you love it.

I've been using HUDs in aircraft and automobiles for a number of years now, and although it took me quite awhile to fully appreciate its worth and fully utilize it, it now feels something is missing when there is no HUD on my various rental cars.

The best part, in my mind, is there is no longer a need to look in the cockpit for anything and, as the HUD is focused at infinity, there is no need to readjust one's focus either inside the car or back out on the road....and there is much less distraction.

No, I don't sell HUDs, but I am sold on them!

#25 ·
Cockpit Changes

I think the all black & white dashboard is boring. I'd like to see red arms on the speedometer dial as well as chrome around the window switches. It's all just a little too monochromatic for me. Less plastic, more trim is needed.

Also I miss the folding side mirrors I had in my last car - at this price point should be standard.

#27 ·
corradoMR2 is from Canada and they have different packages available. The heads up display can be very good or useless depending on the display. I had one in a X3 that was worthless, but I have tried some others that have been very good.

#28 ·
I'm hoping the 2016 US model offers a HUD an option, as that is one of the reasons I have not purchased a 2015.

Anyone know the $$$ consequences of buying an NX in Canada and importing it to the lower 48? I don't live that far from Vancouver and have already learned of a few features offered on Canadian cars that are not offered on US cars.....

#30 ·
Aren't cars generally priced higher in Canada? Granted it's probably due to the extra options.
Not sure how up to date or accurate this is but here's a guide of sorts for crossing the boarder with a purchased vehicle. http://www.ezbordercrossing.com/the...e/importing-vehicle-from-canada/#.VdSHHflViko
Thanks for the link. I did some checking as recommended, and found the paperwork and red tape to be a bit daunting....and the extra cost may not be worth the effort.

A few years back, while living in England, I attempted to do something similar when moving back to the States, but after many drawn-out conversations with bureaucrats on both sides of the Atlantic, I decided to just go ahead and bite the bullet and purchase a US model....keeping me from spending nearly US $6K extra in fees/taxes.

#31 · (Edited)
For starters: use a newer lithium battery for the 300h for longer EV only range; build the annoying flip-up looking 7" screen into the dash and replace it with min 8" screen; have the rear seats fold "flat". Since the smaller NX is targeted for more urban driving, as in my case, I'd like to see automatic fold-in side-view mirrors for on street parking on narrow streets.

#32 ·
You've hit on a number of reasons (except the battery) for delaying my purchase of the NX until 2016 or beyond.

As a current RX450h owner, I'm not bothered by the EV range, and I certainly love the EPA mileage rating of the 300h, but just having the seats fold a little flatter and getting that awkward screen to at least fold down, either electronically or mechanically, would make a world of difference for me.

I just bought an Audi Q3 and love it, but it too has a screen fixed in the upright position....but only on US models. Fortunately I'm able to get the parts from Europe to modify the screen so it folds down when not in use. Does anyone know if there is such a mod available for the NX? Or are the rest-of-the-world NXs the same, with fixed screens?

As of the mirrors, yeah it's a little annoying to always have to manually fold them in, but I'm used to it with the Audi and my older RX, but it would be nice to have them electronically fold.

Finally, I still haven't seen a color that excites me....I'll probably go with one of the silvers or even red, but I'd really like to see something distinctive....I just won't know what it is until I see it. :rolleyes:

#33 ·
Coming from a RX and 2 BMWs what I find annoying is the screen looking like it is an add on. But it seems that a lot of the manufactures are going this way. The only benefit that I can see is that it is higher.
A good heads up display would be nice. A poorly designed one is worse then having nothing at all.
Power folding mirrors should have been standard on this vehicle. Even my BMW X1 had them.

#36 ·
Yesterday I found a few items that could be improved. First I could not find a max setting for the AC, the temperature was 96f and it was hot. I wanted the inside cool in a hurry BMW has a max setting that turns the temp to max cold and the fan on high.
Second the sunroof shade does not close automatically and it does not open if you just pop up the sunroof to extract hot air. While none of this is a major problem it should be a simple change.
As far as HUD displays they are available in other markets other then the US.

#37 ·
More interesting looking wheels on the non-F. They're not bad looking but look like they are more suited for a car than a CUV.

BTW: What other options are offered in Canadian NX's besides the HUD?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.