Lexus NX Forum banner

Leaked picture of the production Lexus NX

18K views 41 replies 6 participants last post by  toyotafan 
#1 ·

During a presentation earlier this month, Toyota CEO Jim Lentz mauy have given the world a peak at the Lexus NX in its production form. Lentz briefly showed an image of a toned down version of the LF-NX concept that was on display in Frankfurt last September. The spindle grille has been toned down a bit and some of those really intense contours seem to have been smoothed out a it, but the vehicle has kept the same silhouette.

"We don't want to copy BMW and we are certainly not chasing BMW and Mercedes volumes. Our focus is to keep the brand very individual," explained Richard Balshaw, the director of Lexus' British arm.

What do you guys think? Has it lost some of its mojo, or has it just become more mainstream?

See less See more
#3 ·
I dont mind it one bit. I especially like that they kept the aggressive rear fenders and incorporated IS style headlamps. I think we all knew there was no way the concept could transition to production, this is an excellent compromise IMO

#4 ·
Looks too much like a Lexus GX

It looks too much like the cross between a GX and an IS. The headlights straight from the IS and the grill is definitely from the GX470. They should have stuck with the prototype!! This is definitely a down-grade from the RX450H. Hopefully the interior looks better. :eek:

#8 ·
I think we also need to wait for a hi res picture before we crucify the NX you can see it still has that crease coming of the front quarters into the doors and some of the shadows seem to indicate there is more subtlety hiding than this picture can show us...

#12 ·
Perhaps, I won't say no because i dont know, but logically i dont think so. Just because by the time Chicago rolls around all the major reveals have happined either at Tokyo just before year end or Detroit at the start, and is caught in the dead zone between now and Geneva next month.

Plus Chicago doesn't carry the same global media attention as Geneva does, which if im not mistaken is where the NX is slotted for its global reveal...

#22 ·
I heard lexus really wants to focus on Atkinson cycle engines. Atkinsons leave the intake valves open an extra second longer during combustion so you get a leaner more fuel efficeint mix. The downside is a drop in power, the counter to that is an increase in displacement. So a 2.5 Atkinson will put out the power of a 2.0 but sip fuel like a 1.5....

essentially.

#23 ·
I found yet another render of what the Lexus NX may look like given the leaked image from that presentation earlier.

I would be supremely disappointed if they made the NX look like this though. It seems that it has lost all the coll design elements that got people so excited about the NX concept. For example, those back taillights are so boring compared to the concept's.

Lexus said it would keep some of the intense styling of the concept, so I am still holding onto hope that the production NX will be closer to the concept than the renders and 'leaked' images out there.

#24 ·
yea someone posted that a few months back. They basically took IS/RC design elements and applied them to the NX. I dont mind the rear fenders to be honest, it still retains the essence of the concept in that respect.

The renders also seem to be based off a RAV4 which could be contributing to the bland...

#27 ·
Okay, the back taillights of the concept are a world away from the dinky taillights on this render. If there is one part of the concept they have to keep for the production model in order to keep them connected its the taillight design.

I like how the body makes a Lexus L shaped indent for the lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.