Lexus NX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here is the Lexus LF-FC concept. It is a showcase of what the future LF-FC will look like when it comes out in a few years. The biggest innovation it sees is the use of a fuel cell drivetrain.

“Lexus wants to surprise and evoke emotion with its distinctive design and forward-thinking technology. For us, it is more than just a car, and we should exceed conventional imagination. The LF-FC expresses our progressive luxury and high-tech vision of a not so distant future,” said Tokuo Fukuichi, Lexus International president.
Other things to notice include a vehicle interface that is controlled by hand gesture, and an autonomous driving system.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...-is-the-fuel-cell-flagship-of-the-future.html

·
Registered
147 Posts
Love how the front fender extends into a harpoon under the headlight! So aggressive. I really like the rear design too.
If only production models can look like the concept ones.

·
Registered
246 Posts
If only production models can look like the concept ones.
That would be great but it only makes future development that much harder if they put that much work into a production model. The next time around they'll have to do better.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found some videos on the Lexus LF-FC.

Some parts are quizzical. Hologram controls. Heavenly light parting cloudy skies. I'll let you be the judge.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Spy shots of the next Lexus coupe give a peak at it's tail lights, not much but something, could be what we see on the LS! Which could help make sense to the tail light setup we're seeing here.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Probably not as dramatic but the taillight could be of a similar shape. Interesting concept.
But those headlights are amazing!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The tail lights are striking, but I don't see them on a production car unless its a really high end one.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
They won't make it to production in that exact form, but a production model could be loosely based off of its design.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

One thing I find strange about the interior is the hole in the dash over where the instrument cluster is. How can that be desirable? It blocks part of the vision of the screen underneath.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not sure which hole you are referring to.
Look at the dash board.

Now move your eye right till you get to the steering wheel and instrument cluster. The cluster is a screen built into the dash. Over top of that screen is a bar that blocks part of the screen and then there is another window through the dash to see the screen underneath. It is at the far right of the picture.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ohhh that. Think they're going for a sort of continuity in the dash display. An ongoing strip from left to right. Not the best use of space but this is a concept model.
Maybe the strip is a sort of replacement for the infotainment screen most cars have.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Perhaps if I saw it in action I would get it more, but right now it just doesn't make much design sense to me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Doesn't seem very beneficial for the driver if it does display important information like navigation. Don't want the driver looking all the way to the left for the next turn.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll say this:

It is a great looking concept, but it is not the most exciting or impressive concept that I have ever seen Lexus come out with.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts