Lexus NX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking forward to finally (in December) getting my hands on what inevitably is another great Lexus to verify comfort, sound levels, etc. before I leave my deposit. I must be nuts but I can wait (a few months!) for a configuration built to spec with stuff like laser/cruise control, etc. included.

However, anybody beside me curious about

1. Why the turbo has "required" premium fuel, 91 octane or above when other Lexi like the ES was retuned to run on regular. Does the turbo timing, etc. really have to be set like this? (in this price range, should you even ask?)

2. Whether the "above the roof" opening moonroof will increase buffeting and wind noise, and will be somewhat dulled by grit as well as subject to small stone chips coming across the roof in the windstream?

Just curious.. life is full of compromises.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I can't really say about your first question, but I will comment briefly on the second.

I just don't see how the moonroof is any different from any other moon roof on a vehicle. There could possibly be buffeting and maybe a rock could hit, but I think that these worries are unwarranted. Plenty of other cars have the same feature so this would be a problem with all moonroofs, not specifically the NX's.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
The difference in the fuel being used from the Lexus ES to the RX is probably due in part to engine tuning. Now i'm not sure of the specifics around that but it's something well worth looking into and investigating.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.