Lexus NX Forum banner

Electrical/computer issues with 2022 NX350h

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bobhiggins 
#1 ·
Hello!
Is anyone having electrical/computer issues with your 2022 NX350 hybrid? I purchased it 3 months ago and have brought it into service 3x already and all 3x service isn’t able to replicate or find the issues.
  • CarPlay doesn’t always connect to my phone
  • battery died 2x
  • all heat/cool controls automatically turns on at once when pressing “auto” to cool, have to manually turn each function off individually
  • screen freezes
  • auto collision warning light goes on intermittently
  • phone charger doesn’t work all the time
  • screen goes dim
It’s so frustrating that the Lexus dealership cannot find the cause of all these issues. I honestly think it’s electrical (or motherboard?) related but they cannot “fix” it because they cannot find or duplicate the problem.
I’ve also contacted Lexus corporation and all they can tell me is to keep a log of it.
Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!
Thank you!!
Linda

See less See more
#2 ·
I have an NX350 (non-hybrid) and had similar CarPlay/ phone connect issues. The dealer tech support (Northside Lexus in Houston) changed a setting (don’t remember what setting) that resolved that issue. I’ve also been experiencing problems with the Navigation screen freezing. I have to stop and restart the car to unfreeze. This happens when I’m using navigation with Apple Maps. Interestingly the voice directions are not affected, just the nav screen. Won’t respond to any touch inputs.

#4 ·
Hello! Is anyone having electrical/computer issues with your 2022 NX350 hybrid? I purchased it 3 months ago and have brought it into service 3x already and all 3x service isn’t able to replicate or find the issues.
  • battery died 2x
  • all heat/cool controls automatically turns on at once when pressing “auto” to cool, have to manually turn each function off individually
  • screen freezes
  • screen goes dim
It’s so frustrating that the Lexus dealership cannot find the cause of all these issues. I honestly think it’s electrical (or motherboard?) related but they cannot “fix” it because they cannot find or duplicate the problem. I’ve also contacted Lexus corporation and all they can tell me is to keep a log of it. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you!! Linda
Hello! Is anyone having electrical/computer issues with your 2022 NX350 hybrid? I purchased it 3 months ago and have brought it into service 3x already and all 3x service isn’t able to replicate or find the issues.
  • battery died 2x
  • screen freezes
  • screen goes dim
It’s so frustrating that the Lexus dealership cannot find the cause of all these issues. I honestly think it’s electrical (or motherboard?) related but they cannot “fix” it because they cannot find or duplicate the problem. I’ve also contacted Lexus corporation and all they can tell me is to keep a log of it. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you!! Linda
Yes I have had many of your same issues. The dealer has told me it's an apple iOS issue. I know it is not as I don't have the same issues in any of the loaners they have given me. They dealership has pretty much tossed their hands up and have walked away.

#5 ·
Here is the reply to a NX200 electrical problem. It may apply to your car.
"My dotter and I had that problem and her car wouldn't start. We boosted the battery but it would still not start. A friend noticed that the car had the old type of battery that has six ports at the top for adding water. We checked the levels and found them low, I suppose so low that the battery would not hold a charge. We topped up the battery with distilled water and then a boost succeeded in starting it. The low energy storage in the battery was probably the cause of non-starting and other electrical anomalies."