Lexus NX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The NX is quiet, as quiet as the 3RX I had, but in the spirit of kaizen, why not improve it even further? :D

Sharing with you this video that includes a comparison in sound differences as well as sequential pics that outline the steps to the work. Not nearly as detailed as previous DIYs but hopefully it's pretty clear.

In scope:
~ 60% of the cabin floor.
~ 85% of the cargo sub floor.

Not shown but also done is the passenger side which is a repeat of the driver's side.

In short, tested like for like (same speed, road, day) I noticed a quieter cabin and am very happy with the result!

https://youtu.be/4DPhydG49kc

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for posting this, should be part of a mega sticky thread.

I bet your audio system sound much better now as this is something folks also do to improve audio sound quality.
My pleasure.

NVH dropped a little so I can enjoy conversations and music a little more now, but in terms of audio quality improving, nah. The Eco Cork Foam is decent at NVH reduction but if one really wants to spend the bigger bucks, the best sound deadner is vinyl-based like Dynamat or equivalent brands. Also, this would need to be installed in the door panels and rear hatch to enhance audio quality especially bass frequencies along with reducing NVH.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.