Lexus NX Forum banner

Charging cable & plug needed for USA 240V

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Naturallygassed 
#1 ·
I haven't yet received my NX 450h+ F sport, and I don't think the dealer knows that much about charging one of these either. There is a built in charger that varies from standard 3.3 amp to the better 7 amp version so I believe. Given that I probably am getting the 'standard' 3.3 amp built in charger, I want to use 240V to charge, but does the included cable HAVE plug for 240V or do I have to buy an adapter, or what? Also - what style of plug for USA is needed for 240V - there are multiple types. I want to get the proper one installed

#2 ·
I haven't yet received my NX 450h+ F sport, and I don't think the dealer knows that much about charging one of these either. There is a built in charger that varies from standard 3.3 amp to the better 7 amp version so I believe. Given that I probably am getting the 'standard' 3.3 amp built in charger, I want to use 240V to charge, but does the included cable HAVE plug for 240V or do I have to buy an adapter, or what? Also - what style of plug for USA is needed for 240V - there are multiple types. I want to get the proper one installed
You need a “level 2” 240 volt standard charger…I have a “Charge Point”….works great and comes with a great app for your smart phone that monitors your charge and costs to charge…

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.