Lexus NX Forum banner

2015 Lexus NX200t Jumpstart Issue

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bobhiggins 
#1 ·
Greetings all -

Any feedback would be appreciated... We are in the process of trading our Lexus in for another. We recently prepped the vehicle, and kept it in the garage; while we turned it over a few times and took it out to keep the battery charged, it has been sitting for the past two weeks and will no longer turn over. We initially heard the typical starter noise associated with a struggling battery and as a result, I proceeded with a trickle charge for two days to recharge it. When I came back to turn it over, the vehicle was stone cold with no response, no interior/accessory lights, etc. I then attempted to jump start the vehicle with the same charger and there was absolutely no response.

This was a first for me in terms of a vehicle not showing any response whatsoever to a 70A Jump. Am I missing something?

Any thoughts, insight or recommendations? Thanks in advance... :)

#2 ·
My dotter and I had that problem and her car wouldn't start. We boosted the battery but it would still not start. A friend noticed that the car had the old type of battery that has six ports at the top for adding water. We checked the levels and found them low, I suppose so low that the battery would not hold a charge. We topped up the battery with distilled water and the a boost succeeded in starting it. The low energy storage in the battery was probably the cause of non-starting and other electrical anomalies.