Lexus NX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
That is absolutely insane. I can't believe that. Who was doing the estimating in the first place?

It can't possibly be that successful every where its being sold. Must be unique to Japan.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is absolutely insane. I can't believe that. Who was doing the estimating in the first place?

It can't possibly be that successful every where its being sold. Must be unique to Japan.
yes how dare that dastardly reality, our estimates are for conformity not circumvention!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Those are some epic numbers. One thing I was looking forward to was this, volume, and how good it is, which in Japan it proves to be amazing. Which makes me wonder what it's like in North America.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I think I read somewhere the goal was to sell 3000 NXs a month in the US. If there are 230 dealerships, that would be an average allocation of 13 cars per dealer per month (some dealers get more than others). Me thinks cars will be in short supply. Maybe Lexus is taking a page from Audi - when the Q5 went on sale it was hard to find one the first couple of years, which drove the resale value up.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I read somewhere the goal was to sell 3000 NXs a month in the US. If there are 230 dealerships, that would be an average allocation of 13 cars per dealer per month (some dealers get more than others). Me thinks cars will be in short supply. Maybe Lexus is taking a page from Audi - when the Q5 went on sale it was hard to find one the first couple of years, which drove the resale value up.
that's a logical theory actually, exacerbating the problem is Lexus only has one facility to satisfy global demand....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts