Lexus to unveil production LF-NX at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show - Lexus NX Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Lexus to unveil production LF-NX at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show

Lexus plans to unveil its brand new production LF-NX at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show. The RAV4-based small crossover will be offered as a hybrid, and as a turbocharged gasoline version. The LF-NX concept was powered by a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine mated to a hybrid drivetrain, which is similar to the one found in the IS300h. The gas powered version will run on a 2.0-liter turbocharged four cylinder that is meant to replace the outdated 2.5-liter V6 that is being used in current Lexus products.

Fans should be excited as Lexus' European director Paul Van der Burgh revealed that the production LF-NX will keep its striking styling intact generally. The headlights and side mirrors will have to change, and the concept's sharp angles will likely be smoothed out a bit. I'd guess that the Predator-esque front grille will also be edited a bit. I'd be really happy to see the taillight design remain relatively unchanged.

Lexus will be entering a segment that the brand has not yet competed in with the introduction of the LF-NX. The compact crossover segment is growing quickly, which means that Lexus has plenty of opportunity to attract new buyers with this latest offering; however, the brand has not said anything about its sales targets in the US yet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
starting to wonder if it will be a CUV of it it will be like the CT but just bigger, the spy shots are confusing me

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Don't think its RAV-4 based, dont know where that came from. The fact that NX has been spied numerous times in CT200h skins would be a good indicatort that those two share platforms. Plus the RAV4 is not exotic enough of a platform to compete in the segment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 04:31 PM

I think some people of the media were saying it will be rav-4 based, not sure what the truth is to that but i also have my doubts.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
I think some people of the media were saying it will be rav-4 based, not sure what the truth is to that but i also have my doubts.
yea I've heard that as well, but most of the general consensus points to CT200 underpinnings. I'd like if the production NX makes use of a similar split headlight design as the IS and RC's...

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
yea I've heard that as well, but most of the general consensus points to CT200 underpinnings. I'd like if the production NX makes use of a similar split headlight design as the IS and RC's...

that and even the headlights on the RC coupe. I love it and think it can work well on a high trim NX.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page