2015 NX ABS Recall - Page 2 - Lexus NX Forum
 2Likes

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-24-2015, 10:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Safety Recalls:

Title
Safety Recall FLC (F2C) - Preliminary Notice - Certain 2015 Model Year NX 200t Vehicles - Brake Actuator
Status
Remedy Not Available

Description
The subject vehicles are equipped with an Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), Traction Control System (TRAC), and Vehicle Stability Control System (VSC) which are controlled by the ABS actuator. There is a possibility that a component inside the actuator could be damaged during assembly and later not operate properly. Under some driving conditions, when the Anti-Lock Brakes are activated, this could cause a loss of vehicle stability, which can increase the risk of a crash.
Remedy
Lexus is currently preparing the remedy for this condition. Once preparations are complete, Lexus will send an owner notification letter by first class mail to owners of vehicles involved in this Safety Recall. The remedy, when available, will include an inspection of the ABS actuator. If affected, the ABS actuator will be replaced at No Charge to you.
For answers to frequently asked questions, please click here.

Recall Date
May 27, 2015
Dealer Reference ID
F2C
NHTSA Recall ID
15V341
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Thanks for posting this recall notice, hopefully from now till the remedy becomes available no one experiences a loss of stability.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2015, 04:17 PM

Received my recall notification from Lexus today by mail.
David likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDude View Post
Received my recall notification from Lexus today by mail.
If email is something you already use a lot, finding a way to get notices by email might be better since as you can imagine physical mail goes through a process to finally get to you!

I'd prefer email, more time to take action on the recall.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
If email is something you already use a lot, finding a way to get notices by email might be better since as you can imagine physical mail goes through a process to finally get to you!

I'd prefer email, more time to take action on the recall.

I didn't infer anything by saying my notification came by "mail" but you got me thinking. Why didn't they notify me by email or txt too? Or better yet, why doesn't a message show up on your display screen in the NX?

My appointment for the recall in August 14th. If I didn't need a loaner vehicle it could have been sooner. I also heard my dealership fills you gas tank if they have to service it for a recall.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 10:30 PM

I dropped off my NX at the dealership this morning for the recall and was given a newer model ES350 as a loaner. I asked my service adviser if they would check my driver side wiper blade because it was streaking in the center of the blade and to check my alignment because it was slightly pulling to the right.

My advisor called me in the afternoon to give me an update on my NX. Then I got another call in the evening that it was ready for pickup.

At the time of pickup, another service advisor said they checked the date of manufacture of the actuator and mine was NOT part of the recall, that sounded good to me. They replaced both front wipers blades and did a four wheel alignment at no charge. My NX has 3494 miles on it.

They also detailed my NX and filled my gas tank. I couldn't ask for better service then what they gave me. I really appreciate how the staff at MotorWorld Lexus in Wilkes-Barre, PA treated me.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Glad to know that yours wasn't part of the faulty batch. Lexus is known for their exceptional customer service. Can't say the same for Toyota. Had a brake recall and instead of replacing the faulty brake pedal (because it was too large), they decided that it would be a good idea to saw off a chunk of it and leave it as is afterwards.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDude View Post
I dropped off my NX at the dealership this morning for the recall and was given a newer model ES350 as a loaner. I asked my service adviser if they would check my driver side wiper blade because it was streaking in the center of the blade and to check my alignment because it was slightly pulling to the right.

My advisor called me in the afternoon to give me an update on my NX. Then I got another call in the evening that it was ready for pickup.

At the time of pickup, another service advisor said they checked the date of manufacture of the actuator and mine was NOT part of the recall, that sounded good to me. They replaced both front wipers blades and did a four wheel alignment at no charge. My NX has 3494 miles on it.

They also detailed my NX and filled my gas tank. I couldn't ask for better service then what they gave me. I really appreciate how the staff at MotorWorld Lexus in Wilkes-Barre, PA treated me.
How are you liking that ES? I noticed a lot of them are being used as limo's which makes me wonder how comfortable and capable they are.

At least the dealer seems to be treating you well so far!

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
How are you liking that ES? I noticed a lot of them are being used as limo's which makes me wonder how comfortable and capable they are.

At least the dealer seems to be treating you well so far!

IMO, my NX drives smoother but then only drove the ES for about 30 miles. It felt and sounded like it had run flat tires. I felt every bump in the road.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page