NX 200T trade in after 3 months? - Page 2 - Lexus NX Forum
 3Likes

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks. Yes I have calmed down and currently waiting to get glass replaced thru dealer recommended glass company.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Funny they have to outsource the glass installation.
You'd think they have techs that know how to do this.

Hopefully all goes well though, even after the whole process is complete.

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This is an interesting thread. I too have windshield issues with my NX200T. It appears that some port workers were pretty aggressive in removing some markings in the upper left corner of the windshield and scratched it in several locations. My understanding is that there is a problem at the east coast (NJ) port and Lexus is working to replace the defective windshields. That is probably why there is a three week wait on windshields for the NX. I was just called today that my windshield was in and it has been on order for three weeks. My experience in the past is that Lexus usually delivers windshields in 2-3 days. And yes they are expensive, depending on the options your cars has (rain sensing wipers, NAV, Auto high beams).
mojo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
@Capella can you confirm if your car also came out of the NJ port like @Rix08is ?
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rix08is View Post
This is an interesting thread. I too have windshield issues with my NX200T. It appears that some port workers were pretty aggressive in removing some markings in the upper left corner of the windshield and scratched it in several locations. My understanding is that there is a problem at the east coast (NJ) port and Lexus is working to replace the defective windshields. That is probably why there is a three week wait on windshields for the NX. I was just called today that my windshield was in and it has been on order for three weeks. My experience in the past is that Lexus usually delivers windshields in 2-3 days. And yes they are expensive, depending on the options your cars has (rain sensing wipers, NAV, Auto high beams).
That's ridiculous, reason why I almost always tell people to inspect their vehicle before taking delivery. Doing that and getting the issues taken care of their is so much easier than all the back and forth that you'd have to do after.

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
If the wind shields were damaged at the port then why should you have to pay for them?

Kennedy likes this.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister View Post
If the wind shields were damaged at the port then why should you have to pay for them?

Exactly, without question that should be an issue addressed, even more impressed at the fact it wasn't already addressed before.

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Would be very interested how this whole port damage of the wind shields ends up. Please let me know if you have personal experience or read something in the news. I still don't understand why a customer would ever have to pay for damage that happened before they even received the vehicle.

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-20-2015, 03:41 PM

Well, depending on how bad it is, it might get worse over time, spreading the crack and rendering the windshield unfit for public roads.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page