2016 Lexus RX - Page 3 - Lexus NX Forum
 6Likes

post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Stopped by my Lexus dealer today while they were offloading 12 new 2016 RX models.....

Although they don't go on sale at my dealer until tomorrow, the detail guy let me jump in one and take a close look.....I WANT ONE!

I only spent a short time in the car, and I did not see what options it had (it was an RX350, and not an F-Sport), and the sticker was $53.6.

I'll wait until summer before making a decision, and I'll want to drive the F-Sport, but it could be I'll get booted out of the NX forum and will have to look for an RX forum. The car is just too good looking, especially when it is sitting side-by-side with the 2015 RX.

BTW, a 2015 and a 2016 NX were sitting side-by-side.....I could not see any difference at all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
You sat in the 2016 RX350? How does it compare to the NX?
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexTom View Post
You sat in the 2016 RX350? How does it compare to the NX?
Well, as the car was still being "hidden" from public viewing, I did not spend but a couple of minutes in the car as I was afraid the detail guy who was showing me around would get fired for disclosing "secrets."

Obviously my comparisons are subjective in nature, but the first, and most obvious, observation was the size difference.....and I really like the larger feel and look. I'm 6-2, and the NX is very comfortable, but in the RX it just seemed I was in a luxurious lounge chair in a luxurious lounge...

Beyond the size and luxury of the RX, the large navigation screen (12 inches, I believe) really sets the RX apart from the NX and maybe some competitors as well. I also noticed the RX retains the older Remote Touch joystick controller, not the laptop-like touchpad seen on the NX. Personally, I prefer the joystick and was pleased to see that it's still around.

Who knows, once I drive the car it may seem too big after spending a number of hours in the NX.....but man, I really liked that first look (and feel) inside and out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DampDuffer View Post
Well, as the car was still being "hidden" from public viewing, I did not spend but a couple of minutes in the car as I was afraid the detail guy who was showing me around would get fired for disclosing "secrets."

Obviously my comparisons are subjective in nature, but the first, and most obvious, observation was the size difference.....and I really like the larger feel and look. I'm 6-2, and the NX is very comfortable, but in the RX it just seemed I was in a luxurious lounge chair in a luxurious lounge...

Beyond the size and luxury of the RX, the large navigation screen (12 inches, I believe) really sets the RX apart from the NX and maybe some competitors as well. I also noticed the RX retains the older Remote Touch joystick controller, not the laptop-like touchpad seen on the NX. Personally, I prefer the joystick and was pleased to see that it's still around.

Who knows, once I drive the car it may seem too big after spending a number of hours in the NX.....but man, I really liked that first look (and feel) inside and out!
It's good to hear that about the NX and RX since before the next generation RX came out the RX at the time came too close to the NX, glad to see Lexus divided the two well.

post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Maybe the RX you sat in had the luxury package with better seats. Now I'm tempted to try it out myself. Are you going to go back and test it out?
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 04:59 PM

It might even help to check out other lexus models to see how good/bad what we're getting is, at least then you can have a greater appreciation for it or see where improvements can be made.

post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexTom View Post
Maybe the RX you sat in had the luxury package with better seats. Now I'm tempted to try it out myself. Are you going to go back and test it out?
Well, we've been talking about going back for another look and test drive, but for now, with an extensive home remodel on the horizon, I just cannot seem to justify the cost of buying RX350 F-Sport with the various packages and options I'd like.....MSRP just short of $59K + tax, etc.

Actually, I don't know if I could justify it without the remodel...
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Yesterday I got to see the new RX for the first time. In the showroom they had a red one that looked big and heavy and I was not impressed. Next I saw a gold one driving in the lot, it looked much better. This is a vehicle that is going to look almost like different vehicles in different colors. I like it in lighter colors but the red hides the lines from the side and makes it look slab sided.
Kennedy likes this.

Spence
Loveland, Colorado
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iride4u View Post
Yesterday I got to see the new RX for the first time. In the showroom they had a red one that looked big and heavy and I was not impressed. Next I saw a gold one driving in the lot, it looked much better. This is a vehicle that is going to look almost like different vehicles in different colors. I like it in lighter colors but the red hides the lines from the side and makes it look slab sided.
That has been my experience with a lot of vehicles, colors and even material on the interior matter big time and again from my experience can make or break a vehicle, also much like the right/wrong design of wheels.

post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 05:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
look but want to buy a too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page