1Likes

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-19-2014, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
NX to have Bridgestone Dueler H/L tires

Link: http://www.tyrepress.com/2014/08/bri...e-on-lexus-nx/

"The Lexus NX will hit the European market in October 2014 and will be equipped with the following fitments: The 225/60R18 100H will be fitted in Japan, Europe, Australia and China. The Japan, Europe, Australia, North America, South Korea will also have 235/55R18 100V tyres."

----------------
This is good IMHO...H/L is the high end luxury tire from Bridgestone...quiet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-19-2014, 03:52 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Glad to hear that we are getting good tires for the NX. What reason do you think there is for not offering both types of tires in all markets?

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-19-2014, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Does anyone here have experience with these tires and know how good they actually are?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-19-2014, 06:01 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Based on the first paragraph alone I think I'll junk them right off the bat...

Quote:
Bridgestone has confirmed that its Dueler H/L 33 tyres are being fitted as original equipment on the Lexus NX. According to the manufacturer, the tyres are “engineered with low rolling resistance [and] will play a key role in the vehicle’s ability to deliver impressive handling, stability and fuel efficiency.” The latest news comes as part of a continued strategy of targeting SUV OE, according to the official announcement.
low rolling resistance being the key term. I see them being HARD, not grippy and AWFUL in the rain. But I always junk new tires, never bought a car that came with sufficient OEM rubbers...

good find BTW.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-19-2014, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister View Post
Glad to hear that we are getting good tires for the NX. What reason do you think there is for not offering both types of tires in all markets?
Maybe the road types?? 235/55 is lower profiled...which means that rough roads can be quite bumpy and noisy with these tires??

But, IMO, more likely, 225/60 is for the NON-turbo NX...base model. While the lower profiled tires are for 200t and hybrids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
Does anyone here have experience with these tires and know how good they actually are?
Dueler H/L is good. May not be good enough for sports car junkie, but they are for highway and normal driving...quiet, smooth, efficient. You guys will like them...unless you're mojo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
Based on the first paragraph alone I think I'll junk them right off the bat...

low rolling resistance being the key term. I see them being HARD, not grippy and AWFUL in the rain. But I always junk new tires, never bought a car that came with sufficient OEM rubbers...

good find BTW.
Actually, a lot of tires out now are low rolling resistance tires. These are not ECO tires that you see on Prius etc.. Lots of non-sports car tires are low resist nowadays. I think that tires OEM started doing this a few years ago due to the rising gas prices and poor economy.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
I came across this just now...

Quote:
Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd. (SRI) is pleased to announce that we have begun delivering our Dunlop “GRANDTREK ST30″ SUV tyres to the Toyota Motor Corporation for use in their new “Lexus NX” SUVs, which Toyota launched this past July.
http://rubberjournalasia.com/toyota-...-new-lexus-nx/
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
Well, i would take Bridgestone H/L over Dunlops any day of the week!!!!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-21-2014, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai View Post
Well, i would take Bridgestone H/L over Dunlops any day of the week!!!!
Indeed, I'm wondering what the specific break down of rubber is. I doubt 300h, 200t and F sport will share the same make of tires. Sometimes you'll even see two or three different tires coming factory equipped, but that's usually a regional variable and not easily tracked...
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
From what I read so far, the US model F Sport has two different wheels, the 235/55/18 Graphite Wheel which comes with Summer tires and the 225/60/18 Aluminium with Black Wheel which come with All Season tires.

Both the Bridgestone Dueler H/L and Dunlop GRANDTREK ST30 are All Season tires so I don't think they will be on the US model with the 235/55/18 Graphite Wheels.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 04:47 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I just saw the Bridgestone Dueler H/L on a Graphite Wheel on a video. I guess they aren't using summer tires with the Graphite Wheel. It would be so much nicer if Lexus would release all the info and pricing already so we can just build and order our NX's.
Kennedy likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page