From RX TO NX - Page 3 - Lexus NX Forum
 2Likes

post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I turned in my 3RX lease for a NX200t. I always felt the RX was a little too big for our needs and when the NX came out it was just what we wanted. As empty nesters the NX fills our needs. We love it so far, it rides and drives much better than the RX. I'm glad I didn't wait for the new 4RX. They made it larger and probably a lot more expensive. !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I have been a happy NX owner for a month now. I don't miss the RX at all except for the ML audio although the NX 10 speaker system exceeded my expectation. Okay, a couple more: the cup holder at the left side of the driver and the convenient key card.
David likes this.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
its true, left side cup holders are a sign of luxury
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanT View Post
I have been a happy NX owner for a month now. I don't miss the RX at all except for the ML audio although the NX 10 speaker system exceeded my expectation. Okay, a couple more: the cup holder at the left side of the driver and the convenient key card.
That's going to be the case for a lot of folks, liking the transition from RX to NX, they come in close enough to what they do for owners.

Same can be said, to an extent, about those coming from a GX or LX and going for the new RX, great transition.
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-09-2015, 12:45 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
I still think we're going to see more then a few people jump ship from the RX to NX. I think Lexus may end up with a new volume leader on their hands when all is said and done...
It will be interesting to see what happens…if the RX regulars will like the new NX front end and especially if they don't know that the spindle grill is just for the F because most pictures they show of the new look, show the F. I started to wonder myself until I finally came across the F badge on the back and then saw the horizontal bar grill on the non-F. Some people might see the spindle grill and not like it and go buy an Audi before finding out about the F and non-F. I think they should have came up with a more luxury looking grill and left the sporty look for the NX to make the two models more distinctive. The RX should be for luxury and the NX should be for sport. I think they're making a big mistake!

2015 Silver Lining 200t AWD
Creme Interior
Premium & Navigation Pkgs.
Bought May 2015
Traded a '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 LTD
60 Years Old
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-09-2015, 05:51 PM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Current RX regulars will like the NX more than they will of the next RX which is going up in size, reason why I see the current RX and NX line up as being staged in favor of the NX, then when the initial hype dies down...new RX!

post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
If the size of the new RX will be a larger than the current one, I don't see the current NX owners switching over unless more space is what they need.
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLex View Post
If the size of the new RX will be a larger than the current one, I don't see the current NX owners switching over unless more space is what they need.
When it comes to the current and outgoing RX... it's what could send people to the NX instead but of course with a bigger divide going on there will be much much less crossover from RX to NX with the new RX.

post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 03:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jumped in the same boat, traded in my 2015rx350 for 2017 nx200t
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 04:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had an RX300 Silver Sport ... Awesome car since 2001 ... Traded it in for an NX200t this past May ... So far, so good ... A bit smaller, but not much ... Rides well and handles good too ... 3 issues so far ... Sub-woofer on trunk door rattles too much when bass is a bit much ... Was told that the license plate causes that ... Will have to test it ... The check tire LED came on and I tried to use a tire inflator that requires being connected to a cigarette lighter ... Found that both cigarette lighters did not work ... Inflated the tires and the LED went off after a bit of driving, which is longer than expected cause I would have thought it to be off instantly ... Other than that, nothing else to say but that the car is very nice

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page