post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to lrpba300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
But this is a Lexus, they hold up well over time. I know guys driving 2nd generation Lexus LS's that report them to be driving as smooth as they did when they got them.

but of course thats with following maintenance and ensuring things are in tip top shape.
Agree, but they are only "brand new" for a short time. I'm sure I'll enjoy this SUV for a long time! I always take great care of my vehicles, even when they are leases. I may keep it after the lease is over so I want it to be in Great shape! Also why I already added tinting & clear bra in several places!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Make sure you find some scene that keeps it smelling like a new car
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2016, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Isn't there even more incentive to keep it in good condition with a lease since if you don't then the dealership will charge you way more when you return it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hi all... A newbie here but not new to Lexus... Wife currently owns a 2015 CT200h and loves it (me too). I still drive my '96 MB E-320 and it's still going strong, but doing a lot of research for my next car just in case I need to replace my '96 MB. I narrow my search to 3 cars (1) MB GLC , beautiful design IMO with a lot of great reviews (2) BMW X3 , because I never own a Beamer and (3) Lexus NX300h , because of its well-known reliability and I could get a great employee price via my nephew who works for the Lexus Strategic division in Dallas TX - bought CT thru this program. Please feel free and educate me since most if not all of you already went thru similar "process of elimination" [Honestly, I want to consider the Porche Macan as well, but it's a lot more $$$$$ and I don't need the power for my old age]

Thanks a bunch
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptpad View Post
Hi all... A newbie here but not new to Lexus... Wife currently owns a 2015 CT200h and loves it (me too). I still drive my '96 MB E-320 and it's still going strong, but doing a lot of research for my next car just in case I need to replace my '96 MB. I narrow my search to 3 cars (1) MB GLC , beautiful design IMO with a lot of great reviews (2) BMW X3 , because I never own a Beamer and (3) Lexus NX300h , because of its well-known reliability and I could get a great employee price via my nephew who works for the Lexus Strategic division in Dallas TX - bought CT thru this program. Please feel free and educate me since most if not all of you already went thru similar "process of elimination" [Honestly, I want to consider the Porche Macan as well, but it's a lot more $$$$$ and I don't need the power for my old age]

Thanks a bunch
The way I see it, if you really want one of the German vehicles, only get it if you plan on sticking within the warranty term, if not, get a Lexus. That's usually the biggest concern with German vehicles.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-13-2016, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrpba300 View Post
Thank you. I absolutely LOVE it. Great SUV. Rides nice, handles very good, accelerates good, (haven't really got on it yet, to new!) MPG is getting better.
Congrats on a new car...
"MPG is getting better.." what does it mean? Our 2015 CT200h delivers about 44 mpg for 12 months (47 mpg in summer and 42.5 in winter)... Well I am not comparing apple-to-apple here.

One on my concerns is that NX owners complaints about snow/mud gets stuck between the door frames. Wonder if Lexus is doing anything about this faulty design. Based on several reviews, Nissan Murano SUV is as good and about at least $7500 less. My friend just traded in his first Murano after 120K trouble-free for a new one and he loves it... Yep, it does not have a Lexus name but.....
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 05:29 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
The snow issue is something they should visit at refresh time. Nissan is a pretty good brand, just avoid the Pathfinder. :P

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 06:08 PM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Infiniti might be worth looking into although their models are coming to the end of its production cycle. Still, many perks to going that direction.

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 03:08 PM

It's the BRAND thing,,, if Murano is priced too close to NX then I am afraid NX would win. I have not given the Murano a fair chance but I would look at it this time. A friend of mine had a Maxima to 300K miles until he traded it in so reliability is there (except the Path Finder). My '96 MB E-320 - IMO - for sure looks MUCH BETTER than any '96 Lexus (Yes I ALMOST bought the '96 GS 300 Lexus until the seller changed his price after listening to his wife who wanted $500 more out of $32,500... I told him your wife needed the money, so sell it to someone else... it had almost 8K miles back then). I have not ruled out the new MB MLC SUV yet.... in a long run, MB may cost more to maintain, but if we could find a reliable local master mechanic then IMO we would enjoy driving MB more so than the Lexus,,, again it's just one man opinion , I've been driving MB E-320 for 20+ yrs so I know, it's more than a BRAND thing... MB - IMO - builds high quality cars, they have to in order to compete with BMW, Adi and Lexus
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 04:54 PM

I would have done the same with an older Lexus, the 90's and early 2000's were amazing for the brand.

Always wanted an LS400. Even the 2005-2006 LS430 STILL interests me, something special about them.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page