Maybe New Owner - Lexus NX Forum
 4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Maybe New Owner

Been looking at new cars the NX Sport is number one on the list, especially in my wife opinion. One question (so far) I cannot seem to find an answer to is if the NX Sport has "Remote Start Capability" from the key FOB. I know I can start it if I have the Emform Remote App and purchase the services but was wondering if it is possible from the FOB? Maybe I need to purchase one of the packages, like NAV.

Thanks for any assistance.
gyrlwolf likes this.
davidceder is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-21-2015, 03:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 800
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you.



mister is offline  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-22-2015, 08:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: PA, US
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidceder View Post
Been looking at new cars the NX Sport is number one on the list, especially in my wife opinion. One question (so far) I cannot seem to find an answer to is if the NX Sport has "Remote Start Capability" from the key FOB. I know I can start it if I have the Emform Remote App and purchase the services but was wondering if it is possible from the FOB? Maybe I need to purchase one of the packages, like NAV.

Thanks for any assistance.
My Key FOB starts the Engine of my NX and from the Enform Remote app. To my understanding, if the NX 200t has NAV and the Enform Remote is active it should work.

Press the Lock button on the Key FOB twice within two seconds. Then press the Lock button a third time and hold it for three seconds then release it. Engine should Start in a few seconds. To Stop the Engine press the Unlock button.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-m...-with-fob.html
mojo likes this.

Last edited by CyberDude; 03-22-2015 at 08:40 PM.
CyberDude is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 04:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,041
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Welcome to the form!



Kennedy is offline  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 12:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 800
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
So what other vehicles have you and your wife been considering?



mister is offline  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 12:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,041
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister View Post
So what other vehicles have you and your wife been considering?
I hope the Audi Q3 was one of them.
They're so much in demand that Audi has people waiting up to 5 months just to finally take delivery.



Kennedy is offline  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 02:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 800
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
I hope the Audi Q3 was one of them.
They're so much in demand that Audi has people waiting up to 5 months just to finally take delivery.
Wow. I didn't realize there was such a wait. By that time the face lifted version will be out, so if you are going for it, you should probably wait till that comes out.



mister is offline  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 05:08 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just got my nx sport- remote start is only available as an app on a smart phone- not from the keyfob. Hope this helps.
Kennedy likes this.
IPSONDN1 is offline  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 05:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,041
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
A lot of people will hate the fact that remote start is on the app and not on a fob, but it's a good change, seems like we'll be in for more remote vehicle control through our phone... just not anything james bond like



Kennedy is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 09:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: PA, US
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSONDN1 View Post
Just got my nx sport- remote start is only available as an app on a smart phone- not from the keyfob. Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
A lot of people will hate the fact that remote start is on the app and not on a fob, but it's a good change, seems like we'll be in for more remote vehicle control through our phone... just not anything james bond like
If you have a US model NX 200t with NAV and an active Enform Remote service you can start your NX with the Key FOB. Mine works from the Key FOB and I saw in another post that RSnyder said his works too. Try the instructions that I have in the above post # 3.
CyberDude is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new NX owner crispywisp Lexus NX Owners Check In Area 13 03-19-2015 01:16 AM
New owner....a few questions NonFormulaic New 2014 NX General Discussion Forum 11 12-09-2014 06:12 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome