TFL's 0-60 mph review of the Lexus NX 300h - Lexus NX Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Thai

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
TFL's 0-60 mph review of the Lexus NX 300h

Here it is, the full review of the Lexus NX 300h by TFL. The video shows the NX 300h being put through a 0-60 mph test. Watching that test, I have to say that it is a bit underwhelming, especially considering that it is being driven in sport mode. So this car isn't for those who are looking for an exciting car to drive.

The other funny thing that they point out is how the heated steering wheel is heated on the sides but not on the top of the wheel. Strange.

Check it out!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Weird how only half of the steering wheel is heated, horrible move from lexus, not something i would have expect from them.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

I mean I'm sure they didn't try to do that, but it is a misstep. Other than the car not being that fun to drive, that is the only other real complaint that I have heard so far.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 05:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
because no one drives with their hands at 12... 10 and 2 or 9 and 3

as for 0-60... no one looks at a 2.0 hybrid and says yes this is the sporty one... I love fabricated issues...
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
because no one drives with their hands at 12... 10 and 2 or 9 and 3

as for 0-60... no one looks at a 2.0 hybrid and says yes this is the sporty one... I love fabricated issues...
I agree with you on the heated steering wheel. As far as the hybrid, sure we aren't expecting it to be super sporty, but I think that it would have been nice to have slightly more power and acceleration. A hybrid motor doesn't mean that the car has to be boring to drive.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 01:14 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
My 100% guess is that on other Lexus, you get optional WOOD steering wheel with wood at top and bottom of wheel. I am sure that this steering wheel comes from same manufacturer. So, the heating wires are in the same place for all steering wheels.
Kennedy likes this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai View Post
My 100% guess is that on other Lexus, you get optional WOOD steering wheel with wood at top and bottom of wheel. I am sure that this steering wheel comes from same manufacturer. So, the heating wires are in the same place for all steering wheels.
The GS gets a bamboo steering wheel, and bamboo trim, something I really liked a lot. It was new to Lexus and still fit the profile of what you'd expect of them quite nicely!

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2015, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister View Post
I agree with you on the heated steering wheel. As far as the hybrid, sure we aren't expecting it to be super sporty, but I think that it would have been nice to have slightly more power and acceleration. A hybrid motor doesn't mean that the car has to be boring to drive.
I think Lexus has slanted the hybrid toward fuel economy. My biggest issue with the review was the tester knocking the fuel mileage and performance while testing in cold weather. Cold weather driving decreases fuel economy, especially in hybrids. I'm actually surprised at the mileage he got.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado View Post
I think Lexus has slanted the hybrid toward fuel economy. My biggest issue with the review was the tester knocking the fuel mileage and performance while testing in cold weather. Cold weather driving decreases fuel economy, especially in hybrids. I'm actually surprised at the mileage he got.
Especially when you consider the snow. It takes a lot more energy to move through that than it does to go over a normal road.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Yes, looks like he had his foot to the floor a lot. Some people have all the fun.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page