Lexus NX Forum banner

2015 NX 200t: what I like and dislike

19K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  ProfessorX 
#1 ·
I have driven the NX for a week now and I have summarized the following as my likes and dislikes:

1. The handling is great. My previous RX 350 2013 is a tad more sluggish. It's almost like there was an initial "unwillingness" or timidy whereas the NX is kind of "itching" to go. I also find the NX handles the rough and bumpy road with a little more absorption.

2. The blind spot monitor is a must I think for all vehicles. Not to be trusted totally but it's good to know that it's there for reassurance of safe lane shifting.

3. It's not Mark Levinson like in my RX but the audio blew me away listening to my jazz favorites. I like the fact that it is configurable for each source.

4. The remote adjustment for the rear seat
5. The analogue clock. (Copied from Infiniti?)

DISLIKES:

1. No card key? I miss my RX.

2. Some nav choices are disabled. WHY? I got the top of the line model.

3. There is no button to release fuel cover. Why? some cheaper cars have this, why not the NX 200t?

4. Engine noise seems to be a little loud for my preference.

See less See more
#4 ·
Some features are disabled when the vehicle is in motion for safety related reasons. Not sure if that's going to help with what you need out of it, but just putting this out there.

It took us a few moments to figure out what was going on (although I expect most navigation-savvy readers are already on to it): For safety, certain navigation functions are disabled when the vehicle is in motion. As a result, we couldn’t use the keypad to enter a destination; our options were to stop the car, or use voice-recognition commands.

#10 ·
The fuel cover pops open by pressing on the cover. When you lock the car, the cover locks with it. I actually like it, no need to reach for the cover. Just need to press the cover when you need to fill up.

Reactions: SanT
#14 · (Edited)
I have driven the NX for a week now and I have summarized the following as my likes and dislikes:

Dislikes:

1. No card key? I miss my RX.

4. Engine noise seems to be a little loud for my preference.
I was a little surprised that the NX didn't come with a key card. I figured it was because you could unlock via the mobile app. Turns out that there is a key inside the fob. Just pull on the key chain loop at the top and a key will pop up. Pull the driver door handle all the way to expose the key hole.

The F Sport has an engine noise amplifier the pumps the sound over a speaker when the car is in sport mode. There is a wheel low on the dash (look just above your right knee) to turn the volume up or off. I have to admit I thought this was a "hoakie" feature when I first read about it, but after I bought the car I realized how much it contributes to the driving experience. It gets the blood pumping.

#17 ·
I appreciate the third cup holder just under the driver's left vent in the dash of my RX330. When my wife rides with me, she'll bring a water bottle. If we stop for coffee, I'll put my cup in the third holder. It's quite a nice design, compact and hidden when folded.

I never saw the card key since I purchased mine used, but also think it is a good idea - I have too much in my pockets.

#18 ·
I just purchased a 2016 F Sport 2 (Blk/Red) and it had about 200KM on the vehicle. My previous vehicle was a BMW but liked the price point of the NX. I still believe the Germans make some of the best cars in terms of attention to detail, quality of components used and engineering.

So my dislike list is as follows:

1) Stereo is kind of weak for 10 speakers (comparing this to my BMWs Harmon Kardon). I find the base quite wimpy with a few vibrations and the sound at higher volumes not as crisp as I believe it should be.

2) The hands free phone system will not let me scroll my contacts when I'm driving. Yes of course safety, but it should be my option if I want to disable this stupid feature. Does anyone know if any hacks/programming tools are available to modify such settings?

3) The navigation also has disabled some features while driving.... Same as above hands free phone, my option.

4) The heated steering wheel is only half heated? Was the Japanese engineer asleep when he/she thought about this one? Or will then again get into the safety conservation about your hands being in the proper location on the steering wheel.

5) The mouse functionality is a bit clumsy and could be improved.

6) When you stop the car the drivers side seat always goes back. Can this feature be disabled? I guess it helps if you have a large gut, but it's annoying at times...

Again these are the little details that could make this a better car than it already is. And I do like the car!

That's it for now.... I will update with additional information as I put more time on the vehicle.

#19 ·
I just purchased a 2016 F Sport 2 (Blk/Red) and it had about 200KM on the vehicle. My previous vehicle was a BMW but liked the price point of the NX. I still believe the Germans make some of the best cars in terms of attention to detail, quality of components used and engineering.

So my dislike list is as follows:

6) When you stop the car the drivers side seat always goes back. Can this feature be disabled? I guess it helps if you have a large gut, but it's annoying at times...
You can disable this through the Menu options setup in the center console display on a US model NX.

#21 ·
I was surprised that the nx200t did not have garage door links or a compass on the mirror. The two previous vehicles we had going back to early 2000s had compass and garage door links. Looking for an after market rear view mirror with a compass now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.