Lexus NX200t vs Acura RDX - Page 3 - Lexus NX Forum
 2Likes

post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai View Post
This is true...Acura is "near luxury" IMHO. I love my MDX, but as a brand, it is not on Lexus level. (The side benefit of this lackluster luxury quotient is that oil changes are cheap!)

Personally i would NOT buy a fully loaded Honda over an equivalent Acura for one reason...the newer Acuras are actually fairly quiet on the road vs. Honda counterpart. My MDX is very very quiet...which is rather startling compared to past Acuras. I believe that my MDX maybe even quieter than the RX350 (prior gen not the upcoming RX). I think that the newer Acuras are getting better in this area.

Other reasons why Acura is better beyond longer warranty: ELS audio system (near Mark Levinson level), blind spot monitoring (vs. shitty Honda blind spot camera), and available SH-AWD system.

But, until Acura truly develop RWD platform for their sports cars, their luxury level is below Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, etc.. SH-AWD is amazing for SUVs (even class-leading IMO), but not a true substitute for RWD-based sports cars.
Exactly.

Acuras THESE days are much farther apart from Honda's than they were years ago.

The early to mid 2000's was a good example of this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Exactly.

Acuras THESE days are much farther apart from Honda's than they were years ago.

The early to mid 2000's was a good example of this.
I remember those days.

Buddy had a 2004 Accord and I had a TL of the same year, differences were far enough, better than in previous years. But do that comparison now and there's a bigger divide.

post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 10:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hello all, This is my first post. I'm a newbie!

2015 Lexus NX F-sport AWD
Nebula pearl grey
Black interior with grey stitching

Traded in my 2014 RDX Tech AWD last Thursday. I had the RDX for 1.3 years. I liked that CUV and tried to love it but as you can see it didn't work out that way.
I did like the smooth ride of the 6 cylinder and the slightly larger cargo space but definitely not losing anything major for my needs.
I finally have that "this is the one" feeling every time I see and drive my NX!
Zero regrets!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherL View Post
Hello all, This is my first post. I'm a newbie!

2015 Lexus NX F-sport AWD
Nebula pearl grey
Black interior with grey stitching

Traded in my 2014 RDX Tech AWD last Thursday. I had the RDX for 1.3 years. I liked that CUV and tried to love it but as you can see it didn't work out that way.
I did like the smooth ride of the 6 cylinder and the slightly larger cargo space but definitely not losing anything major for my needs.
I finally have that "this is the one" feeling every time I see and drive my NX!
Zero regrets!
hey welcome to the boards, how long have you had yours?
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
hey welcome to the boards, how long have you had yours?
Thanks! I drove it off the lot on 6/11/15. Still very new, but loving every minute of it!
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 08:58 AM
Banned

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks! I drove it off the lot on 6/11/15. Still very new, but loving every minute of it!
Honeymoon phase!!

My wife is thinking about NX vs. RDX (2016 redesign) vs. RX350. What was wrong with RDX that made you not like it? Road noise? Comfort? Quality?
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Honeymoon phase!!

My wife is thinking about NX vs. RDX (2016 redesign) vs. RX350. What was wrong with RDX that made you not like it? Road noise? Comfort? Quality?
Honestly I didn't find anything wrong with it at all. It probably still is one of the most comfortable vehicles I've ever owned, quality was fine (although I only had it for 1 yr and 3 months), and not much road noise either. I can't complain about the RDX, but overall I just didn't find it exciting at all.
I was just plain bored with it. I really wanted all the tech that is now available in the 2016 RDX, but after the test drive, I just couldn't justify losing $ on the same vehicle with more tech.
I find the F-Sport very fun to drive and look at and it has all the tech I wanted. I don't see getting bored of this vehicle.

My father has a 2005 RX330 and he is ALMOST tempted to trade for an NX (after driving mine) but flat out refuses to let go of his "baby".
Good luck with the car search for your wife and IMO you can't go wrong with either of the three choices you've listed.
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 09:13 PM
Banned

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Honestly I didn't find anything wrong with it at all. It probably still is one of the most comfortable vehicles I've ever owned, quality was fine (although I only had it for 1 yr and 3 months), and not much road noise either. I can't complain about the RDX, but overall I just didn't find it exciting at all.
I was just plain bored with it. I really wanted all the tech that is now available in the 2016 RDX, but after the test drive, I just couldn't justify losing $ on the same vehicle with more tech.
I find the F-Sport very fun to drive and look at and it has all the tech I wanted. I don't see getting bored of this vehicle.

My father has a 2005 RX330 and he is ALMOST tempted to trade for an NX (after driving mine) but flat out refuses to let go of his "baby".
Good luck with the car search for your wife and IMO you can't go wrong with either of the three choices you've listed.
Thank you. I honestly want her to get Lexus because she has never had a luxury vehicle in her life. And buying Acura is just not luxury. I want her to be pampered for the 1st time.

We have 3 kids...so, we may end up with RX just because of its wider rear seat. But at the same time, she does not want something as big as my MDX.
David likes this.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Thank you. I honestly want her to get Lexus because she has never had a luxury vehicle in her life. And buying Acura is just not luxury. I want her to be pampered for the 1st time.

We have 3 kids...so, we may end up with RX just because of its wider rear seat. But at the same time, she does not want something as big as my MDX.
Good choice.

New Lexus's meet that great medium of true luxury but not the sort of luxury that has so much tech that something is bound to messed up as what would happen with Germans... at times.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
My turnoff with the Acura is the interior instrument layout and double hump on the top (the driver-side and another hump in the middle). Also double screens in the middle too redundant. Also the styling was kind of boring.

I remember passing the Lexus dealer as they were pulling the NX in the showroom and going HOLY****! What was THAT! and doing a U-turn into the dealership. Glad I found it because I didn't really like anything out there except the Jeep Grand Cherokee, but fed up with their poor quality (had 98 GC 5.9Ltd).

2015 Silver Lining 200t AWD
Creme Interior
Premium & Navigation Pkgs.
Bought May 2015
Traded a '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 LTD
60 Years Old

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page