2Likes

post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 08:12 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai View Post
But no 360 camera?! I don't think any Acura has 360 camera, as seen on Kia minivan! Have you complained about that on Acura forums?
You again, always some smart ass crap to say don't you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 08:37 AM
Banned

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLasVegas View Post
You again, always some smart ass crap to say don't you!
It is not being smart ass...as much as pointing out your inconsistencies in your multiple complaints about NX/Lexus. Have a good holiday Joe.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
thanks for posting that, definitely clear differences between the two, too bad the right vehicle wasn't posted to start.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-08-2015, 08:17 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks OP for putting this analysis up. My wife and I were after RDX earlier this month but ended up buying the NX instead. We were in-route to test-drive the RDX for my wife and passed the Lexus dealer on the way to Acura. We had some extra time so decided to stop at Lexus dealer to check that NX a bit further. We test-drove first the NX, then RDX within 2 hour period and ended up buying the NX. Here is what won us over:

1) Exterior Styling. The NX has a fresh new styling both inside an out. The exterior design is very modern looking. Some may be put off by bold spindle grille but surely everyone on a road pays attention to NX. For RDX - not so much. As someone posted, RDX design is pretty bland and the vehicle looks thoroughly outdated.
2) Interior. The NX's interior is very high quality and has that enveloping feel. The controls are well placed and multi-media system is great (but as every v1.0 has it's own quirks). Both my wife and I found touchpad interface very well executed and convinient to use. The interior space is plentiful with front seat long travel back. The seats are also very comfortable without being hard or restrictive. In RDX the interior is pretty average and does not look nor feel like the lux SUV it is. The multimedia system rotary interface feels antiquated and it's location on the front panel is not very convinient - another easy win for the NX.
3) Road feel - actually this is where both cars feel pretty equal. Both has very composed ride and in acceleration Acura actually wins. Couple of times during our test-drive the RDX felt overly stiff. I personally wouldn't mind some stiffnes for SUV (an oxymoron, right?) but my wife liked Lexus balanced feel much better. The acceleration is where the RDX really excels, but again, the NX, is not that much far behind. From the moving start NX feels much more nimble thanks to its turbo.
4) Fuel consumption. On paper NX is better - 22/28 mpg vs. 19/27 mpg for RDX. From the forums I gather people easily make 24mpg on the NX. RDX real life MPG is around 21-22 so here again the NX wins.
5) Number of options offered. The 2015 RDX I was looking for did not have BSM or Parking Assist options at all (these would be availabe at 2016 RDX) while the NX had an array of options. Yes they would drive the price up, but it's good to at least have an option.

All in all RDX is a great car in desperate need of updating and redesign while NX is well-rounded, very nicely put together and is simply better all around.
SanT likes this.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Good call.

Before the NX came out, before I even knew it was coming out, the RDX was on top of my list. If I didn't like the NX as much as I do now, I would be considering a used RDX since you really can't go wrong with a used Acura even beyond its original warranty term.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-10-2015, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
good thing about the RDX currently and the segment it sits in, Acura has a good look at what the competition can do and create their future RDX to be even more competitive in the process.

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-13-2015, 03:14 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Not a fan of Acura. They are boring. Would rather buy a fully loaded Honda.

post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister View Post
Not a fan of Acura. They are boring. Would rather buy a fully loaded Honda.

First time i ever heard that from someone. An Acura is the next step up from a fully loaded Honda.

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 04:58 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post

First time i ever heard that from someone. An Acura is the next step up from a fully loaded Honda.
Other than the NSX, I find Acura design boring. And I hate the Acura beak grille. I like Honda, but Acura is just not good for me. I also find them closer to Buick than a actual top tier luxury brand.

post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 12:24 PM
Banned

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister View Post
Other than the NSX, I find Acura design boring. And I hate the Acura beak grille. I like Honda, but Acura is just not good for me. I also find them closer to Buick than a actual top tier luxury brand.
This is true...Acura is "near luxury" IMHO. I love my MDX, but as a brand, it is not on Lexus level. (The side benefit of this lackluster luxury quotient is that oil changes are cheap!)

Personally i would NOT buy a fully loaded Honda over an equivalent Acura for one reason...the newer Acuras are actually fairly quiet on the road vs. Honda counterpart. My MDX is very very quiet...which is rather startling compared to past Acuras. I believe that my MDX maybe even quieter than the RX350 (prior gen not the upcoming RX). I think that the newer Acuras are getting better in this area.

Other reasons why Acura is better beyond longer warranty: ELS audio system (near Mark Levinson level), blind spot monitoring (vs. shitty Honda blind spot camera), and available SH-AWD system.

But, until Acura truly develop RWD platform for their sports cars, their luxury level is below Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, etc.. SH-AWD is amazing for SUVs (even class-leading IMO), but not a true substitute for RWD-based sports cars.

Last edited by Thai; 06-18-2015 at 12:26 PM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page