Program Unlock Button to Roll Down Windows - Lexus NX Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheLex
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Program Unlock Button to Roll Down Windows

I read in the owner's manual for my NX 200t that the unlock button on my key fob can be programmed to roll down all of the windows (and moonroof, if equipped). But it doesn't look like my dealer enabled this feature before selling me the car. Does anyone know how to program the feature?

I found the information about the key fob being able to do this on page 114 of the owner's manual but in the fine print it says this setting must be customized by the Lexus dealer but I'm hoping someone can walk me through, step by step on how to do this so I don't have to make the trip to Lexus.

Thanks, Kyle
krhodes90 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 05:21 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Vancouver, USA
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Kyle, I don't have my new NX yet, so I can't be specific about your car, but from day one my RX windows would go down and the sun roof would open by simply holding down the unlock button on the key fob until everything is fully open.....no programming required.

It could be the NX has some customized way of doing this....but did you give it try by simply holding down the button?
DampDuffer is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DampDuffer View Post
Kyle, I don't have my new NX yet, so I can't be specific about your car, but from day one my RX windows would go down and the sun roof would open by simply holding down the unlock button on the key fob until everything is fully open.....no programming required.

It could be the NX has some customized way of doing this....but did you give it try by simply holding down the button?
I tried it but it doesn't do anything. I've tried pressing and holding unlock and then pressing, releasing, pressing and holding but it just unlocks the vehicle. I don't have a sun roof, so maybe that has something to do with it too. Thanks for the suggestion though!
krhodes90 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 11:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
You can probably go to your Lexus dealer and ask if they can program it for you.
Kennedy likes this.
TheLex is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 01:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,041
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLex View Post
You can probably go to your Lexus dealer and ask if they can program it for you.
Yup.
And there's a good chance they won't charge you for it either being what seems to be something simple enough to not require much. Plus your paid return visits for real jobs are more valuable to them anyways.



Kennedy is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 04:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Vancouver, USA
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
Yup.
And there's a good chance they won't charge you for it either being what seems to be something simple enough to not require much. Plus your paid return visits for real jobs are more valuable to them anyways.
Yeah, that's another reason to like Lexus dealers.

My dealer in Portland, Oregon seems to have at least one employee on duty at all times to answer questions about the electronics and walk customers through the required steps to achieve the desired results.

Personally, when I've needed something done of this sort, I just stopped by the dealer and they would take care of me within five minutes of my unannounced arrival.....
DampDuffer is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome