Lexus NX Subwoofer - Page 5 - Lexus NX Forum
 12Likes

post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have the SAME issue, and its not the license plate, its the cheap plastic they have used and the lack of insulation in the back panel. Not sure if the service center will remove the back panel and add more insulation. Has anyone asked them to do this and have they?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiro View Post
I have the SAME issue, and its not the license plate, its the cheap plastic they have used and the lack of insulation in the back panel. Not sure if the service center will remove the back panel and add more insulation. Has anyone asked them to do this and have they?
That might depend from dealer to dealer, I bet the bigger flagship dealers that take more pride in serving the customer might even do this for free since it's really not that much effort or cost to them.

post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Lexus is known for their exemplary customer service. If you go to one of the larger dealers they may be able to look into NX insulation issue and you can probably ask Dimitri how much it cost to fix the issue if there was a charge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Even the smaller lower volume dealers might be just as good, just need to look up reviews to know what to expect of them.
post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi folks. I live in Toronto and I had the same issue with the subwoofer. Yesterday I took the car for 8000Km service (first service) to Lexus Downtown (It's in Dundas and DVP). I told them about the rattle and asked them to fix it. In the evening when I went to pick up my car, I tested the sound. It was much better but the rattle was not completely gone. So I didn't pick up the car and told the guy where the source of noise is and asked him to open the black trunk plastic cover from inside and put insulation in it. He told me he will talk to the tech. Today I went and picked up the car and I can say the rattle is completely gone. And they didn't charge me a penny for this. I am really happy with the sound quality now and I suggest you do the same with your dealer. If you live in Toronto, Lexus Downtown now has the experience to fix this so you can go there and ask them to do the same for your NX.
Kennedy likes this.
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirftn View Post
Hi folks. I live in Toronto and I had the same issue with the subwoofer. Yesterday I took the car for 8000Km service (first service) to Lexus Downtown (It's in Dundas and DVP). I told them about the rattle and asked them to fix it. In the evening when I went to pick up my car, I tested the sound. It was much better but the rattle was not completely gone. So I didn't pick up the car and told the guy where the source of noise is and asked him to open the black trunk plastic cover from inside and put insulation in it. He told me he will talk to the tech. Today I went and picked up the car and I can say the rattle is completely gone. And they didn't charge me a penny for this. I am really happy with the sound quality now and I suggest you do the same with your dealer. If you live in Toronto, Lexus Downtown now has the experience to fix this so you can go there and ask them to do the same for your NX.
Did you by any chance inquire as to what exactly they did in order to remedy your issue? Always curious to know that since not always will one way fix it all depending on what you have going on with your car.

post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
This is why I never thought it was a good idea to have a subwoofer mounted right there. Maybe they took it out and dynamatted the inside of there ?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page