have a second meeting with Clippers assistant coach Alvin Gentry on Friday - Lexus NX Forum

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
have a second meeting with Clippers assistant coach Alvin Gentry on Friday

VANCOUVER -- Former Vancouver Canucks enforcer Gino Odjick says he has a rare terminal illness. J.R. Smith Cavaliers Jersey . Odjick, in a letter published Thursday on the Canucks website, said he was diagnosed with AL (Primary) Amyloidosis two months ago. "Its causing abnormal protein to be produced and deposits are being formed on my heart," said Odjick. "Its hardening my heart and my doctors arent sure how long I have to live. "Initially they thought years, but now they think it could be a lot less. I could be down to months or even weeks." The 43-year-old Odjick played from 1990-2002 in the NHL, including eight years in Vancouver and two in Montreal. He also played for the New York Islanders and Philadelphia Flyers, recording 64 goals, 73 assists and 2,567 penalty minutes in 605 regular season games. Odjick played 44 playoff games, all with Vancouver, scoring four goals and an assist. The Maniwaki, Que., native was drafted by the Canucks in the fifth round (86th overall) of the 1990 NHL Draft. "I feel very fortunate for the support Ive received over the years," Odjick said. "During my career I played in some great NHL cities including Vancouver, Long Island, Philadelphia and Montreal. "In my heart, I will always be a Canuck and I have always had a special relationship here with the fans." Odjick said he was diagnosed with the disease two days after Pat Quinn was added to Rogers Arenas Ring of Honour in April, and hes been in hospital ever since. Mike Dunleavy Jersey . The team announced the defensive coordinator will not be offered a contract extension. Mo Williams Jersey . The Rangers announced after Thursdays 4-2 loss to the New York Yankees that they would purchase Williams contract from Triple-A Round Rock. The 32-year-old Williams was released by Houston earlier this month after going 1-4 with a 6. http://www.authenticcavaliersauthori...s-jersey-c-14/ .com) - The Vancouver Canucks will try to win two straight games for the first time since mid-January on Monday night as they play host to the struggling New York Islanders.CLEVELAND -- The Cavaliers exhaustive head coaching search is expanding -- again. The team will interview former Maccabi Tel Aviv coach David Blatt, a person familiar with the teams plans told The Associated Press on Thursday. Earlier in the day, Blatt announced in Israel that hes leaving the European champion to pursue an unspecified job in the NBA. **** meet with the Cavs next week, said the person who spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because the team is not discussing any aspect of its search -- now a month old. The 55-year-old Blatt has known Cavs general manager David Griffin for years. At his news conference, Blatt, who led Maccabi to its first European title this year, said hes weighing offers from unnamed teams and has "a few good options." Hes expected to make a decision soon. "I am leaving here not because I was asked to. The opposite is true, I was asked to stay, and offered the best possible conditions for such an event," Blatt said. "But I just felt it is a move I wanted to make. It has been a dream of mine for almost forever to go and join a team in the NBA in some capacity. "I wish I could have done it as a player. I wasnt good enough. But now perhaps Ill have that opportunity as a coach." Blatt has ddrawn interest to be an assistant with New York, Golden State and Minnesota. Chris Andersen Cavaliers Jersey. The Cavs, though, are interested in talking to him about being their head coach. They reached out to him last week, but had not set up a face-to-face meeting. The Cleveland Plain Dealer was first to report Blatts interview. Blatt is just the latest candidate to interview with the Cavs, who will have a second meeting with Clippers assistant coach Alvin Gentry on Friday. The person familiar with the teams plans also said the Cavs will meet for the second time with another Clippers assistant, former NBA guard Tyronn Lue. Gentry and Lue are expected to speak with Cavs owner Dan Gilbert, who did not participate in the teams first round of interviews. The team has contacted as many as 12 candidates to fill the vacancy created when owner Dan Gilbert fired Mike Brown -- for the second time -- on May 12. The Cavs would like to have a coach in place by the NBA draft on June 26, but obviously, the team isnt rushing into any decisions. Earlier this week, the Cavs interviewed former Cleveland All-Star guard Mark Price, now an assistant with Charlotte. Price has limited head coaching experience, but Griffin has said the team will not be restricted in its search. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page