n a career-best six straight games. ... Dan Straily (9-7, 4.15) is to - Lexus NX Forum

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 02:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
n a career-best six straight games. ... Dan Straily (9-7, 4.15) is to

PITTSBURGH -- Tyson Ross gave up a leadoff single to Starling Marte and Gregory Polanco followed with a two-run home run. Michael Jordan Jersey . Three batters later, Jordy Mercer singled. All three of Pittsburghs early hits came at the expense of Ross slider. Even without his best pitch, Ross figured it out. Ross recovered from a two-run first to pitch six strong innings, and Seth Smith hit a bases-loaded triple, leading the San Diego Padres to an 8-2 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates on Sunday. "I just didnt have a good feel for my slider pretty much all day," Ross said. "I gave up three hits in the first inning, all on sliders that were up in the strike zone, and its kind of out of the norm for me." San Diegos win clinched a 14th-consecutive series victory at PNC Park. Ross (11-10) allowed Gregory Polancos two-run shot in the first then shut down the Pirates. He yielded six hits and walked two. "I thought he battled without his best stuff and his best command," San Diego manager Bud Black said. "Hanging slider to Marte to lead off the game and then a hanging slider to Polanco, I think that kind of woke him up a bit." Charlie Morton retired the first 10 batters he faced before Yangervis Solarte walked with one out in the fourth and scored Yonder Alonsos single. "In the fourth inning, the sinker away to left-handers starting elevating," Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle said. "A couple left-handers were able to get balls out over the plate and hit them to left field." That happened when Morton left a 2-0 fastball over the plate and Smith tripled to left for three RBIs and scored on a wild pitch for a 5-2 lead. Morton (5-11) was lifted after the fifth, responsible for five runs, five hits, a walk and five strikeouts. "It was almost like two outings for him," Hurdle said. "One through three and then four and five, its just two different sides of it." Alonso added an RBI with a bases-loaded sacrifice fly in the seventh, and Jedd Gyorko singled in two more runs after Jeanmar Gomez walked three to load the bases in the ninth. TRAINERS ROOM Padres: First baseman Tommy Medica was out after a pitch hit him in the head Saturday night. ... Shortstop Everth Cabrera was scratched shortly before first pitch with a left hamstring cramp. Pirates: Second baseman Neil Walker (back spasm) was scratched from the lineup. He pinch-hit Saturday night and was slated to start Sunday. ... Center fielder Andrew McCutchen (rib) was out of the lineup for the sixth straight game. ... RHP Gerrit Cole gave up one hit in six shutout innings Sunday as he made his third rehab start for Triple-A Indianapolis. ON DECK Padres: San Diego returns to Petco Park to open a three-game set with the Colorado Rockies. RHP Jesse Hahn (7-3, 2.28 ERA) starts for the Padres against Colorado RHP Jordan Lyles (6-1, 3.72 ERA). Pirates: Pittsburgh continues its eight-game homestand with a two-game interleague series against the Detroit Tigers. LHP Jeff Locke (3-3, 3.78 ERA) opposes Detroit RHP Justin Verlander (10-10, 4.57 ERA). FRIENDLY ACCOMMODATIONS Since PNC Park opened in 2001, the San Diego Padres have never lost a series in Pittsburgh. Their 14-series winning streak at PNC Park is the longest active streak against a single opponent in a single location in the league. Overall, the Padres are 33-12 in Pittsburgh since 2001. "Were just playing good baseball," Black said. "Maybe the times of the year we come in here, were playing well and were pitching well." Wes Unseld Wizards Jersey . THE MICHAEL JORDAN FLU GAME First this famous basketball moment. The story goes like this. “Game 5, known as "The Flu Game", was one of Michael Jordans most memorable. Trey Burke Wizards Jersey . Two weeks after suffering a concussion, Foles will start in place of Michael Vick, who is out for the second time this season with a hamstring injury. http://www.wizardsauthenticproshop.c...izards-jersey/ . The New York-based Committee to Protect Journalists detailed in a report how Russian and international journalists have been harassed and prevented from covering sensitive stories in Sochi such as the abuse of migrant workers and environmental issues.MINNEAPOLIS -- With Josh Reddick back and hitting home runs, the Oakland Athletics are bringing some more muscle and a bigger lead into a crucial weekend series. Reddick homered and had three RBIs, A.J. Griffin allowed just two hits in seven innings, and the As beat the Minnesota Twins 8-2 Thursday afternoon to increase their division lead to 3 1/2 games over idle Texas in the American League West. It is Oaklands largest lead over the Rangers since Aug. 3. The teams are to scheduled play a three-game series this weekend in the Lone Star State. "We know its an important series, but were not going to sweat about it," Reddick said. "We know we can beat those guys." Reinstated from the 15-day disabled list Wednesday after missing time with a sprained right wrist, Reddick hit an eighth-inning pitch from Brian Duensing into the right field seats for an 8-1 Oakland lead. It was his 11th homer of the season in his 99th game. He hit 32 in 156 games last year. "Being able to hit it hard ... without my wrist hurting really felt good," said Reddick, who was also on the disabled list May 7-30 with the same injury. "Watching these guys the last two weeks it kind of stung not being able to be a part of it, but I was just hoping to come back and just jump on board and not screw up the rhythm. Hopefully, more days like this are coming." Adding Reddick to a lineup that already has 26 home runs from Brandon Moss, 22 from Yoenis Cespedes, 21 from Josh Donaldson and 19 from Coco Crisp makes things much easier for manager Bob Melvin. "Weve got a lot of options right now, a lot of guys that are heating up offensively," Melvin said. In winning his fourth straight start, Griffin (14-9) struck out eight and walked just one batter. "I was working well, I was working quick, I had a good rhythm," he said. Griffin struck out six of the first nine batters he faced, including four straight, and lowered his opponents batting average to .165 the first time through the lineup, the lowest mark in the majors among pitchers with at least 130 innings pitched. Other than allowing Oswaldo Arcias home run in the seventh, Griffin, who has served up a major league leading 34 home runs, didnt have manyy problems the rest of the way. Jason Smith Wizards Jersey. . "I feel like I can throw any pitch in any count and throw them effectively. Its a lot more fun when thats going on," Griffin said. Minnesota had two runners on with one out in the fourth, but Arcia lined out to second baseman Alberto Callaspo and Brian Dozier was doubled off first. Dozier had walked. Making his first start since being recalled from Triple-A Rochester, Minnesota starter Scott Diamond (5-11) lasted just 4 2-3 innings. He allowed five runs -- four earned -- on six hits while striking out one. Before the game, Gardenhire said that Diamond appears to be a much more confident pitcher than he was before his Aug. 1 demotion. In six minor league starts, Diamond was 4-0 with a 2.41 ERA. The left-hander barely broke a sweat in retiring the As in order in the first two innings before the Oakland hitters forced Diamond deep into counts. "I wasnt able to put anybody away. I think that was the story behind my game today," he said. One day after scoring 18 runs against the Twins, Oakland used some two-out hitting to take a 4-0 lead in the third inning. Derek Norris led off with a one-out double and scored two batters later when Crisp hit into a fielders choice. After a walk to Donaldson, Jed Lowrie had an RBI single leading to a mound visit by Minnesota pitching coach Rick Anderson. Cespedes then tripled off the wall in centerfield to plate two more runs. Donaldson added an RBI single in the fifth and Reddicks sacrifice fly in the sixth scored Chris Young, who tripled to lead off the inning, to make it 6-0. NOTES: Gardenhire said C Joe Mauer, out since Aug. 20 with a concussion, did a workout Thursday and left the ballpark "feeling good." ... The As and Twins are scheduled to play a four-game series in Oakland starting next Thursday. ... Cespedes has driven in a run in a career-best six straight games. ... Dan Straily (9-7, 4.15) is to get the ball for Oakland Friday when it begins its three-game series at Texas. Derek Holland (9-8, 3.17) will pitch for the Rangers. ... Minnesotas Kevin Correia (9-11, 4.30) is scheduled to face Tampa Bays Chris Archer (8-7, 3.19) when the teams open a three-game series Friday at Target Field. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page